• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Its time for the front office to step up and do its job

floplag

4 minutes ago, beatlesrule said:

It should be obvious that not claiming anyone off of waivers means this team is simply content with the group it has and Arte is not doing whatever it takes to win.

Its obvious to me the Eppler is doing whatever he can but the waiver wire either doesn't have what we need, we got blocked by another team, or the asking price is too much.

Can't pin that on Arte.

20 minutes ago, CanadianHalo said:

Brandon Phillips wouldn't be asking very much. He'd immediately help us defensively and offensively. 

There's no way he'd cost one of our top prospects given the fact Atlanta is going nowhere and he's a FA after this season. 

I really think he'd be a nice addition. 

At the very least he can't hurt....   There is no carry-over, he's a FA after the season.    BBRef has Cinci paying 13 mil of his 14 mil salary too...

1 hour ago, Dick B Back said:

Its obvious to me the Eppler is doing whatever he can but the waiver wire either doesn't have what we need, we got blocked by another team, or the asking price is too much.

Can't pin that on Arte.

Yes I can.  Arte is the whole reason the Angels are in this situation.  He did not permit Eppler to spend the money necessary to fix the team.  He clearly does not want to win a World Series and it frustrates me as a fan that he has the best player on the planet and only cares about attendance.  Jay Bruce went unclaimed.  He is an immediate upgrade.  I am sure there are others too that would have been able to help and not have cost that much.  So yes, that's on Arte.

16 hours ago, beatlesrule said:

Yes I can.  Arte is the whole reason the Angels are in this situation.  He did not permit Eppler to spend the money necessary to fix the team.  He clearly does not want to win a World Series and it frustrates me as a fan that he has the best player on the planet and only cares about attendance.  Jay Bruce went unclaimed.  He is an immediate upgrade.  I am sure there are others too that would have been able to help and not have cost that much.  So yes, that's on Arte.

You must have insider info many of us don't have on what Arte will let Eppler to do or not do. Thanks.

4 hours ago, Dochalo said:

didn't get a chance to ask Fletch about his comments but it doesn't seem he thinks we'll add anyone meaningful.  My guess is because we are bumped up pretty close to the CBT threshold, but perhaps Jeff could elaborate.  

He tends to be pretty careful with what he says....wouldn't rule it out but it probably isn't very likely....

Something else to think about and understand going into 2018 Free Agency.

With everything that Eppler has been able to do in building the minor league system and bringing in talented kids that require some work.... I don't know and wonder if we will be big players in the Top 10% of the FA's which would force us to give up Draft Pick Compensation while decreasing the talent that comes through the draft to grow our minor league system. The signings of (Hamilton, AP#5, Wilson etc) put us in this situation!......So, the individual player is going to be micro scoped to the millionth degree as a player, person and integral part of the organization going forward..I would believe due to the Hamilton fiasco and subsequent relapse, trade and contract we had to pay for to Texas.. Blips and integrity will be questioned also.  

22 hours ago, beatlesrule said:

la-sp-angels-arte-moreno-20170218

Lay off the billionaire.  He's doing the best he can.

I see this sort of message a lot. I am one that let a lot of good money follow bad a few years ago. Arte, I suspect, sees the same. Josh and Albert cost a lot and provided little. We're almost past one of the two, and then that will be the test on his commitment. Billionaires don't stay billionaires by saying "Oh, I blew a few hundred million really stupidly. Let's double down!" You can totally criticize him for making the decisions that led us here, but I have a hard time blaming him for the closed purse since.

Trout is the wildcard - it feels like he's been done a disservice by Arte, and he has. It's that the problem came before him, so there's been the inevitable digging out phase. Just hope Eppler is as adept at mid to high tier signings as he is at trash heap, and by the time Trout has another decision to make, hopefully he makes that decision WITH the Angels.

11 hours ago, 101halo said:

I see this sort of message a lot. I am one that let a lot of good money follow bad a few years ago. Arte, I suspect, sees the same. Josh and Albert cost a lot and provided little. We're almost past one of the two, and then that will be the test on his commitment. Billionaires don't stay billionaires by saying "Oh, I blew a few hundred million really stupidly. Let's double down!" You can totally criticize him for making the decisions that led us here, but I have a hard time blaming him for the closed purse since.

Trout is the wildcard - it feels like he's been done a disservice by Arte, and he has. It's that the problem came before him, so there's been the inevitable digging out phase. Just hope Eppler is as adept at mid to high tier signings as he is at trash heap, and by the time Trout has another decision to make, hopefully he makes that decision WITH the Angels.

Trout has been done a disservice? 

12 hours ago, SlappyUtilityMIF said:

Something else to think about and understand going into 2018 Free Agency.

With everything that Eppler has been able to do in building the minor league system and bringing in talented kids that require some work.... I don't know and wonder if we will be big players in the Top 10% of the FA's which would force us to give up Draft Pick Compensation while decreasing the talent that comes through the draft to grow our minor league system. The signings of (Hamilton, AP#5, Wilson etc) put us in this situation!......So, the individual player is going to be micro scoped to the millionth degree as a player, person and integral part of the organization going forward..I would believe due to the Hamilton fiasco and subsequent relapse, trade and contract we had to pay for to Texas.. Blips and integrity will be questioned also.  

There are a lot of teams that have been burned by big-money FA signings. Hell, they rarely work out. Only a select few, however, can shrug it off and continue to spend freely. Arte may be a billionaire, but he has nowhere near the money some of these other owners do. 

(btw, I agree with your thought process) 

9 minutes ago, Lou said:

The worst thing that can happen is we make it to the World Series and lose to the ...

nope, can't even say it. 

My thought exactly.  They loose Kershaw and go on a roll.  Something crazy going on over there.  Hoping their young players fold and I don't like the bullpen pieces they added.  

7 minutes ago, Erstad Grit said:

My thought exactly.  They loose Kershaw and go on a roll.  Something crazy going on over there.  Hoping their young players fold and I don't like the bullpen pieces they added.  

Didn't they go on a roll when Kershaw was injured last year?  Wait, doesn't that mean that he's injury prone?  

Whew! So glad he's not on our team,

On 8/14/2017 at 11:15 AM, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

We split a 4 game series and a 2 game series with the two top NL teams this year so far. We have won the the last 5 series against the 3 top AL teams. Any team can beat any other team on any given day.

In a regular season game. The pitching staff the Indians/Red Sox (for example) could role out in a playoff series would own us.