• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: 8/11 Angels @ Mariners: Marte at 3B again

Obviously, no Cowart. So...Cowart has been struggling. Its possible that it is because he hasn't been given consistent time. Its possible that its because Cowart is not good at hitting major league pitching. Either way, at this point...I think we know the choice the Angels have made. We will shop for 2b and 3b this offseason (maybe a 1b also?), and Cowart will have a ceiling on this team of a defensive utility switch hitting infielder. Not insubstantial, but nothing shiny or sexy.

14 minutes ago, floplag said:

I dont even begin to know where to bitch about this lineup...  so frustrated with Scoscia at this point its just not worth the effort.

Be like me.  I came to grips with Scioscia's lineups and decisions years ago.  It has helped me not to get upset anymore or try to figure out why he does the things he does and by doing so, I enjoy Angels baseball more now. That year 10 contract he was given made my frustration meaningless.  

My god, why hasn't Scioscia been fired yet?  Eppler seems like a pretty good baseball mind, so I dont get how he can see Scioscia's late game management and lineup card and not wanna fire this guy already.  

We really need a damn reason why Scioscia is still managing this team.  Does the front office not care about winning or what?

12 minutes ago, Ray McKigney said:

It's like he thinks of the lineup that absolutely no one who watches the games would go with and chooses that one. It is mind-boggling. 

His late game management and lineup cards seriously defy logic.  It's like he's trying to prove he's smarter than everyone else and keeps starting Pennington and Marte and Pujols in the 3 hole.  

It's quite hilarious at this point.

30 minutes ago, JarsOfClay said:

My god, why hasn't Scioscia been fired yet?  Eppler seems like a pretty good baseball mind, so I dont get how he can see Scioscia's late game management and lineup card and not wanna fire this guy already.  

We really need a damn reason why Scioscia is still managing this team.  Does the front office not care about winning or what?

Only Arte has the authority to fire Scioscia. Why do you think no experienced, competent GM has ever been hired by Moreno? Only a guy desperate enough to take the job knowing there are only 30 of them in the world will take it.