• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Cowart promoted

Scott34

1 hour ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

People didn't like wasting a first round pick on a relief pitcher.

He wasnt a RP until after he got hurt - he was a SP when he was drafted.

1 hour ago, JustATroutFan said:

I don't think Bedrosian was a first round draft pick. If he wasn't, I could see why people openly would root for someone who was a first round pick like Cowart because it is nice to see a guy go from being labeled as a flop to a good player.

Cowart was indeed a first rounder...   But whatever..  the point remains --  Cowart hasn't had enough steady play time or at bats to be labeled anything yet...    People here are quick to shit on anyone that doesn't have instant success.  If you're not Mike Trout, then you're Brandon Wood.

2 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

Why are so many down on Cowart?

You really think Pennington is going to outplay him at 2B?   He's been terrible hitting the ball, and somewhat mediocre defensively.

Just let him play, there literally is nothing to lose.  They aren't going to achieve much without some upgrades.  If he doesn't make a go of it initially, let's see how he develops.  I look at it as a chance for him to get a head start on next year.  I like the fact that he's a switch hitter, plays solid defense, and seems to have good mental makeup.  The only question is how well he can hit, and the bar being set by the three second baseman we have had so far this year is pretty darn low.

My biggest problem personally is remembering his first name is Kaleb (not Caleb), but I'll get over it.  Kansas City would have loved someone with those initials (KC) to replace Moose next year, but the Royals can suck it, he's ours.

20 minutes ago, Farmbuildingfan said:

I hope that if the worst case scenario becomes a reality this year with Cowart doing his best impression of Espinoza, that the Angels will not just lose patience and count him out as an option for 2018.

If he does an Espinosa impression (which we've already seen from him), we better upgrade 2b by acquiring someone in the offseason 

1 hour ago, Inside Pitch said:

Cowart was indeed a first rounder...   But whatever..  the point remains --  Cowart hasn't had enough steady play time or at bats to be labeled anything yet...    People here are quick to shit on anyone that doesn't have instant success.  If you're not Mike Trout, then you're Brandon Wood.

^

Cowart is the dark horse 2B impact they have needed that I have been predicting.  It's been a pecking order at that position to set up for him while they've been holding fort.  He may wind up at 3B next year if they don't extend Escobar, but maybe this is the era, finally.

We shall see.  Yet, his more relaxed, patient approach with letting it come to him and trusting his instincts could be bringing a nice game as he has at Salt Lake this season.