• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

EY and Maybin after Trout's return.......

9 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Young has been hitting well all season, including during ST and at AAA. Perhaps he's turned a corner.

Kind of hard to call it a fluke when he's been at it since March....heck, if he cools down and hits .280, he'd still be fine....better than most of our guys...

41 minutes ago, maximus p said:

Valbuena was injured and he is signed through next year, so bye bye ben

He isn't going anywhere because of his contract but he can still ride the bench... Cron hasn't been great but he's a much better option, not just a platoon option...Espinosa just sucks...I know he homered tonite but he's just an awful hitter...200 AB's and hitting in the .160's doesn't get you continued playing time in most places...

9 hours ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

Now is all I care about, I don't care what he did for another team. He's a career .222 hitter. Right now he stinks.

And right now, Espinosa has been doing more than Revere has. Both stink. I'm not disputing that Espinosa is good, I'm arguing that EYJR replacing Revere is just as big as an improvement if not more so, simply because Espinosa has at least hit a little more lately and he's been good on defense and running.

Revere has sucked at all three all year long. This guy was brought in to be a late-inning nightmare on the bases and Maybin swiped as many SBs in one game that Revere has on the season.

And I'm not buying that EYJR can be a full-time, everyday impact player after 16 games when a career says otherwise. I don't doubt that he may have turned a corner or is simply so dialed in after losing his son that he isn't capable of having a career year, but I'd rather replace the weakest link in the chain in Revere whose role is really suited for a typical EYJR season anyways.

4 minutes ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

No argument about Revere. He had a good spring but has done nothing ever since.

Yup. Our 4th OF has negative WAR, -1.0, on his defense alone, and has had as many SB on the year as one guy has had in a game.

Shane Robinson was here for like 6 games and pulled in 0.3 WAR in that time. He'd probably be a better 4th OF than Revere at this point on his defense alone.

The two things his role calls for, Revere's not doing. It would be very disappointing if Young doesn't replace him when Trout returns.

9 minutes ago, stevestevens said:

If EY is still hitting when Trout comes back then we play him at DH.  Cron has been terrible. This offense can't sit Maybin or Young if they are both hitting. 

So you think Pujols can play 1B everyday. That's not going to happen. Cron has been the best 1Bman on defense this season and he is 6 for 9 with RISP since being recalled. He drove in the first run in his last start. He has been better than Valbuena. No way Cron is let go. EY Jr. will in all probability become the 4th OF.

Revere has no role going forward.  Trade him or dump him.  And I certainly like Calhoun but I can't ignore that he may be the one player most likely to bring the Angels a high quality prospect in a trade that could be part of a long term solution.

7 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

Revere has no role going forward.  Trade him or dump him.  And I certainly like Calhoun but I can't ignore that he may be the one player most likely to bring the Angels a high quality prospect in a trade that could be part of a long term solution.

Especially if Shoe is out. He and Calhoun were the only ones with some real potential deadline value, should we entertain offers in July.

I'm increasingly believing this team is gonna go for it. Maybe not buyers at the deadline, but I'm not seeing a whole lot of reason (or value) to sell.

20 hours ago, DMVol said:

He isn't going anywhere because of his contract but he can still ride the bench... Cron hasn't been great but he's a much better option, not just a platoon option...Espinosa just sucks...I know he homered tonite but he's just an awful hitter...200 AB's and hitting in the .160's doesn't get you continued playing time in most places...

Maybe Eppler can use this as a selling point to future free agents.

Eppler:  Look we know you are declining, but maybe you got something left in the tank.  Scioscia, he'll play an aging vet until it's beyond, beyond a shadow of a doubt you suck.

Aging vet:  Where do I sign?