• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

EY and Maybin after Trout's return.......

These guys need to be in the line-up and I'm curious how it could be a reality.

Option 1: Pujols plays first, Cron sits, DH is open. Trout could ease back by DHing and perhaps an Angels' late 90's 4 outfielders with DH rotation could work. Well....it didn't work then and we dumped Edmonds... but AK hit 3 HR so it was a good trade. (sarcasm)

Option 2: EY.....get your 2b glove out of the storage. Personally I say why not. EY playing well at 2b isn't that much more far fetched than him hitting walk offs and bombs. 

Option 3: Calhoun sits. Unlikely. While this is not a great year he has heated up and has a track history. 

Thoughts, ideas?????

Either way, Revere, welcome to pinch runner status. 

As of now, I'd DFA Revere and Young becomes the 4th OF.

Revere has been garbage. I had high hopes for him, but the guy isn't even stealing bases. EY already has more SBs than him. 

Espinosa has shown signs of coming around with the bat and his defense will be better than EY. 

EY becomes a good bench player, something that Ben Revere hasn't been, so we're still coming out improved.

10 minutes ago, totdprods said:

As of now, I'd DFA Revere and Young becomes the 4th OF.

Revere has been garbage. I had high hopes for him, but the guy isn't even stealing bases. EY already has more SBs than him. 

Espinosa has shown signs of coming around with the bat and his defense will be better than EY. 

EY becomes a good bench player, something that Ben Revere hasn't been, so we're still coming out improved.

This scenario makes the most sense.

Espinosa has had a rough last couple of games (he's had some shit calls go against him) but he's been much better in June at the plate, closer to his norms, and drawing more walks. And I have been very happy with his defense at 2B. 

If he goes into another 4-50 slump with 28 K's or whatever again, yeah, I'd definitely want EY JR getting some time at 2B, but as of now I don't think that's a move that has to be made.

EY has been great and certainly could put up a career year - sometimes good stories like that happen - but he's still a 32-year old journeyman UT player riding a 15 game hot streak in the bigs. It can go south fast. 

EY replacing Revere might even be more of a win than if he was replacing Espinosa. 

Revere has a freaking -1.0 WAR on defense alone. Isn't the 4th OF's job to be good at defense and baserunning? He's been terrible at both, and he can't hit. Espinosa has at least been good defensively and on the basepaths.

22 minutes ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

Throw out the one good game he had and that drops the .250 to .160.

Okay, take his one good game out and his bad one 0-4 game, and he jumps back up .62 points, hitting .222, around his norm.

If you keep his one good game and take out his one 0-4 in June, he's hitting .290.

The Angels still have a month to figure this out. Young will come back to earth. If it is a crash, then he probably goes back to AAA; if not, Revere goes. We can't Young to keep hitting like this, but until he completely tanks he has passed Revere on the depth chart.

Maybin is the starting LFer. Barring injury, that isn't going to change. So that leaves Young (or Revere) as the 4th outfielder.

Trout might DH a bit, but if he's healthy enough to grip a bat, he's healthy enough to run and throw a ball.

As for 2B, I'd like to see Cowart given a shot. I mean, what more do we need to see from Espinosa? He can't hit.

11 minutes ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

He stinks by any standard

EZ to say now ... not what I heard here before the season. A player like Espinoza you have to use his career numbers as a gage. 

This team as a chance for a playoff spot ... you have to hope he turns it around. I'd be open for a trade too. 

47 minutes ago, Troll Daddy said:

EZ to say now ... not what I heard here before the season. A player like Espinoza you have to use his career numbers as a gage. 

This team as a chance for a playoff spot ... you have to hope he turns it around. I'd be open for a trade too. 

Now is all I care about, I don't care what he did for another team. He's a career .222 hitter. Right now he stinks.