• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels with and without Trout

3 hours ago, Angelsjunky said:

Just think if we not only had Trout, but Richards, Skaggs, Bedrosian, Heaney, and Tropeano. We'd be a legit contender. (I don't count Street and Bailey, as I think their replacements have been at least as good as they would have been).

And this is why im not too upset about the fact we arent contenders.

We're still an in transition team (like sll teams go through). Then we got choke slammed by serious injuries to key players. Kind of just a shoulder shrug, and focus on the positives of the org as whole of what could be helpful going forward. 

Hoping we draft well and arte opens his wallet for the right guys over the next two offseasons, and we're back to where we belong by 2019.

2 hours ago, Rico said:

.500 is more than I expected at the start of the year even before the injuries.  I think it's cool our guys are still competing even with so many key teammates going down.

It hit me a few days ago...this might be kind of a spark plug to bench guys and dudes in the minors. 

A few of my friends were roadblocked at the mlb level because they played a spot bonafide studs were in with long term contracts. Some wilted and washed out. Some were sought out by other teams and traded, where they became pretty well known names. 

If i was a bench guy or in double A right now, id be shunning after work beers and putting everything i had into whatever it took to get a call up...

41 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

A few of my friends were roadblocked at the mlb level because they played a spot bonafide studs were in with long term contracts. Some wilted and washed out. Some were sought out by other teams and traded, where they became pretty well known names. 

#humblebrag

14 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

It hit me a few days ago...this might be kind of a spark plug to bench guys and dudes in the minors. 

If i was a bench guy or in double A right now, id be shunning after work beers and putting everything i had into whatever it took to get a call up...

But unless you've played Xbox with Scott Kazmir, you're a nobody.

The Angels have likely already lost three games they would have won with Trout.

They would have taken three out of four  against the Twins and maybe yesterday in Houston

No doubt the Angels have over achieved to this point.

With prior knowledge of all these injuries, I would have guessed they would be 12 games below .500.

I still feel this will be a 72 win team when the year is over

To say the Angels would be better off with the guys on the DL is just as flawed of logic as saying they are better off without Trout.  The guys filling in have been better than could be expected.  for the most part the starters are keeping the Angels in games and the bullpen is better than I think anyone expected.  The guys that are injured may actually have performed worse than the current roster.

14 hours ago, Farmbuildingfan said:

I still feel this will be a 72 win team when the year is over

Let's do some math. Current record: 33-33, or 66 games. 162 - 66 = 96 games remaining. 72 final season wins - 33 current wins = 39 more wins. 96 remaining games - 39 wins = 57 remaining losses.

So you believe the Angels will go 39-57 the rest of the way, or a .406 winning percentage. That's a 65-97 pace. Pretty bleak prediction there, Farmbuildingfan. I think a more moderate negative outlook is that they win 45% of their remaining games, which gets them to 76-86.  At this point I think the range of realistic outcomes is 75-85 wins. 75 if they have bad luck with injury recovery and the team plays more to expected form; 85 if they have good luck with injuries and they play to potential. 85 wins would mean 52-44 (.542) the rest of the way, which is possible if a bit optimistic.

11 hours ago, Angelsjunky said:

Let's do some math. Current record: 33-33, or 66 games. 162 - 66 = 96 games remaining. 72 final season wins - 33 current wins = 39 more wins. 96 remaining games - 39 wins = 57 remaining losses.

So you believe the Angels will go 39-57 the rest of the way, or a .406 winning percentage. That's a 65-97 pace. Pretty bleak prediction there, Farmbuildingfan. I think a more moderate negative outlook is that they win 45% of their remaining games, which gets them to 76-86.  At this point I think the range of realistic outcomes is 75-85 wins. 75 if they have bad luck with injury recovery and the team plays more to expected form; 85 if they have good luck with injuries and they play to potential. 85 wins would mean 52-44 (.542) the rest of the way, which is possible if a bit optimistic.

So, somewhere between the 2015 and 2016 results?