• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

.179/.313/.343 Whose slash line is this?

Chuck

Didn't Theo get the title because he was still under contract to the RedSox and couldn't take a lateral position? same with Friedman and the Dodgers. It's not the title that matters it's the responsibility. Arte could just as easily allow Eppler to do what Theo does without calling him president.

20 minutes ago, arch stanton said:

Didn't Theo get the title because he was still under contract to the RedSox and couldn't take a lateral position? same with Friedman and the Dodgers. It's not the title that matters it's the responsibility. Arte could just as easily allow Eppler to do what Theo does without calling him president.

No. He was hired as President by the Cubs who, at the same time, brought in Hoyer to be the GM, and his assistant GM at the time Jason McCloud...from the Padres. Theo knew the full rebuild required in Chicago was going to take more than 1 executive acting as GM to tackle. Ricketts paid some hefty money to set up that front office. Theo wanted full control with nobody above him, and asked for it as part of his agreement.

5 minutes ago, True Grich said:

This thread doesn't make me feel any better about the Angels' offensive woes....

Just saying...

Yeah..having good hitters hitting poorly is one thing, and having poor hitters hitting poorly is another.

Dave Cameron from Fangraphs gave Kyle Schwarber a Mike Napoli comp for career value, which actually is a pretty good compliment. Both have similar walk-strikeout rates, in game power and below average defense at the first position they started off at in the majors. I believe the Cubs eventually move Schwarber to an AL team that can utilize him at 1B/DH and use him sparingly in left field. My guess would be he ends up in Tampa Bay as a piece in a trade that moves Chris Archer to Chicago. 

This bad start doesn't change much for me, although I believe he was very overhyped coming into the majors. He smashes baseballs and takes walks, giving him a high floor as 115-120 wRC+ type of hitter but the rest of the skill set is very limited.