• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

.179/.313/.343 Whose slash line is this?

Chuck

Schwarber is definitely going to bounce back some but he was always a tad overrated coming up. He's a well below average defender in left field, doesn't run the bases well and has some contact issues. Dave Cameron slapped a Mike Napoli comp on him at Fangraphs, which seems like a fair comparison. Napoli is a lifetime .249/.349/.477 hitter whose racked up 26.6 WAR. I think that's a realistic outcome for the career of Schwarber. 

• 2 weeks later...
41 minutes ago, ANAHEIMBOB said:

The Angels were 77-85 the year after the Angels won the World series. The Cubs will finish with a better record this year. 

But who is currently getting more out of the talent they have?  I'll give you a hint, it isn't the guy with the strongest roster in baseball that has a .500 team right now.  If the manager is as important as you think then even you would have to admit Maddon has failed so far this year. 

On 5/16/2017 at 10:35 AM, Chuckster70 said:

The Answer is below....

Reveal hidden contents

Kyle Schwarber. You know, the next Babe Ruth according to some. 

Without looking. I think it looks like Kyle Schwarber. He's been regularly coming up short on my fantasy team and is hitting in the .170s.

23 minutes ago, Homebrewer said:

Maddon has been moving all of his struggling bats around the lineup trying to get them going, even batting his big slugger 9th.

Just like Scioscia does, right?

hehe. 

Are you talking about Schwarber?   Because batting .165/.293/.352, now.   I looked and he's only had a couple games batting 9th so too early to say if its helped or hurt but has the roster shuffling helped others?   I haven't watch the Cubs at all, but it seems like their bats went into a funk in May...  their team OPS last month was lower than even the Angels.

On 6/3/2017 at 8:30 PM, ANAHEIMBOB said:

The fat lady hasn't song yet on the Cubs. The Angels have played a very weak schedule. 

The Angels SoS is .497..   The Cubs' .499.   Guess that .002 makes all the difference, eh?

On 6/3/2017 at 9:19 PM, ANAHEIMBOB said:

Maybe the manager isn't that important, then why not give someone else a chance. 

Now now, it's too early to be giving up on Maddon...

15 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Are you talking about Schwarber?   Because batting .165/.293/.352, now.   I looked and he's only had a couple games batting 9th so too early to say if its helped or hurt but has the roster shuffling helped others?   I haven't watch the Cubs at all, but it seems like their bats went into a funk in May...  their team OPS last month was lower than even the Angels.

Schwarbs was leading off for a while, too. Gotta remember with the Cubs that a lot of these guys are really young and many of them have never struggled at all, but now many of them are ..all at once. Schwarber was out ALL of last season, and he only had maybe 2 months of ML time in before that. Addison Russel, Baez, Castillo..all really young. But the hitting hasn't been the only, or biggest problem. Pitching has been off, so much that they have gone to a 6 man rotation, and defense has been awful.

WS, post season hangover? They are playing better of late, and Cubs teams have traditionally done better as the weather warms up...There is a lot of talent there, most of it really young, and they are only 1.5 games back. 

35 minutes ago, zenmaster said:

I think Schwarber is going to have an amazing career despite this year. 

Same here. He's a really smart guy who is absolutely driven, and he's still figuring it all out. One thing about the Cubs org is that they will give young players everything they need, and there is a network of ex Cubs, some who are in the HOF, some that were just good players.. that still feel a part of the organization and work with current players to get them through the shit. There is a lot of fraternity and tradition around the friendly confines, and the Ricketts family has been aware of it and careful about keeping that kind of stuff alive and well. 

21 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Despite everything, the Cubs have still moved into 1st place in the NL East.    Okay, they are barely over .500.    Still, they are poised to break out soon. 

Plus, if they want anything mid-season they can totally afford to go out and get whatever they need. 

15 hours ago, ANAHEIMBOB said:

I wasn't giving up on Maddon, since the best GM in baseball hired him. 

13 hours ago, Stradling said:

No argument from me, I think Theo is the best.  

Jed Hoyer is the GM, and has been for 5 or 6 years. Theo is President of Baseball Operations...basically he's Arte. Ricketts stays out of things and gave Theo carte blanche  to do whatever he deemed appropriate when he was hired. It's a business model that works and one the Angels sorely need to adopt.