• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Its Time....

eligrba

31 minutes ago, stormngt said:

You can speculate that if you want.  Fact is you don't know what Trout is thinking.  He says he is happy with the Angels and he seems happy by his attitude so I am "guessing " he isn't saying "what was I thinking of asking for 13 years.

It is true Trout may want to play for a team that has a better chance of winning a World Series or may want to play for an easy coast team.  We don't know.  However that is more the reason to not wait to long to get the negotiations started again.  The Angels have an advantage right now.  You don't want to wait until the last year because anything (including  career ending injury) can happen during the next for years and only the Angels can guarantee him a big payday until age 40.  No other team can do that because he could get injured during the next four years.  

Do it. Get it done. Put the Angels on the map. Devote all time, talent, and treasures to get it done. This is your tIme Angels.  Make your mark. Get a ring for the best player in baseball surrounded by the best team in baseball. It's our time, our legacy. Don't pass this up for the sake of a spreadsheet! Do it Buttercup!  No excuses!

2 hours ago, stormngt said:

You can speculate that if you want.  Fact is you don't know what Trout is thinking.  He says he is happy with the Angels and he seems happy by his attitude so I am "guessing " he isn't saying "what was I thinking of asking for 13 years.

It is true Trout may want to play for a team that has a better chance of winning a World Series or may want to play for an easy coast team.  We don't know.  However that is more the reason to not wait to long to get the negotiations started again.  The Angels have an advantage right now.  You don't want to wait until the last year because anything (including  career ending injury) can happen during the next for years and only the Angels can guarantee him a big payday until age 40.  No other team can do that because he could get injured during the next four years.  

Fact:

You have the worst record on AW when speculating.

And second worst with regards to writing coherent posts. 

6 hours ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

Did Trout really want a longer contract?  Honest question as I've head it mentioned here but never read anything that confirmed it. If so it's just a head scratcher that they didn't get it done while they give a 10 year contract to a 32 year old Pujols.  

Regardless it doesn't hurt to kick the tires and try to extend him.  If he isn't interested for whatever reason and the team isn't competitive in 2019/2020 then I think you have to move him while you'd obviously get more for him in 2019 when some team would have him through 2020.  The best bet is them getting together a competitive team in the next few years and him wanting to stay.  If I were in his shoes I wouldn't be interested in an extension right now because I wouldn't want to commit to a franchise that needs to improve and has as many question marks as the Angels do.  

It was reported by Fox Sports.

11 minutes ago, stormngt said:

Fake News!

There are far more speculators on here than I.  

Fact you don't know jack but pretend you do.

I pretend to know what?

In your case it isn't the amount you spec, rather how incorrect you tend to be...."Angels will rebuild if Tex leaves," "Dipoto will never find another GM gig," etc. You act as if you have inside knowledge because you are connected to some beer league scout. 

3 hours ago, California Cajun said:

Do it. Get it done. Put the Angels on the map. Devote all time, talent, and treasures to get it done. This is your tIme Angels.  Make your mark. Get a ring for the best player in baseball surrounded by the best team in baseball. It's our time, our legacy. Don't pass this up for the sake of a spreadsheet! Do it Buttercup!  No excuses!

Dude, did the bear trap snap on your wig-wag?

1 hour ago, #CF8 said:

It was reported by Fox Sports.

And there's also this: 

During extensive negotiations in Spring Training, Trout's agent, Craig Landis, briefly floated the idea of a lifetime contract that could've looked something like the deal Stanton ultimately signed with the Marlins.

"It never really got off the ground," Landis said then. "The Angels weren't that interested. They couldn't really make an offer. So, we crossed that off as a possibility."

If not something really long, Landis wanted Trout to go into the free-agent market before age 30, setting him up to sign a landmark deal. In turn, the Angels -- who, like most teams, were against including a player option -- wanted to buy out as many free-agent years as possible. Both sides settled on three, and everyone basically agreed on one major point: Trout should be the highest-compensated player relative to service time at every juncture of his contract.

http://m.angels.mlb.com/news/article/101826708/giancarlo-stantons-deal-brings-mike-trouts-more-into-focus/

On 4/23/2017 at 0:32 PM, Angelsjunky said:

There's also the problem of location. I really wouldn't be surprised if Trout is just waiting for his chance to sign a mega-contract with the Phillies or Yankees.

If that's true why sign a 7 year extension. Why not wait for free agency, he would have been like a 26 year old FA making a fortune.

5 minutes ago, CALZONE said:

He wanted guaranteed money early in case he suffered a serious type injury that would prevent him from getting a huge payday. 

At the time he signed his extension he wanted either a 15 year extension (so he could play entire career as an Angel) or a 7 year extension so he would still be young enough to get another big contact. Arte was too stupid to give him the 15 year contract.

37 minutes ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

At the time he signed his extension he wanted either a 15 year extension (so he could play entire career as an Angel) or a 7 year extension so he would still be young enough to get another big contact. Arte was too stupid to give him the 15 year contract.

It's all business. Arte will get the best years out of Trout and it won't cost him $400M.

5 hours ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

IIRC...From the Fox Sports article, Trout wanted either 4 years or 13 years. They settled at 7 years. This allows Trout to hit FA before he turns 30.

Thanks Arte.

grinch-2-small.jpg