• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Its Time....

eligrba

16 minutes ago, stormngt said:

All I can say wait and see.  You rely too much on public statements.  Those statements are often used for posturing.   The agent has more incentive to negotiate than Trout.  Trout has made more money than he can spend in a lifetime.  The agent only gets 6%.  

Well if someone can convince Trout and his agent that the Angels can provide him the best baseball stadium to play in, with the best chance to win a championship, with a solid farm system, best coaches, manager, GM, best marketing and the ability to surround him with hitters that aren't hitting .242 he might take all that into consideration. So yeah let's wait and see.

7 minutes ago, CALZONE said:

Well if someone can convince Trout and his agent that the Angels can provide him the best baseball stadium to play in, with the best chance to win a championship, with a solid farm system, best coaches, manager, GM, best marketing and the ability to surround him with hitters that aren't hitting .242 he might take all that into consideration. So yeah let's wait and see.

How do you know those are more important to him than money/being comfortable? 

The Angels didn't have anything of those things when he and his agent asked for 13 years. 

You're going around in circles trying to find a way to make it look like Trout is unlikely to stay here, and it's almost like you want that to happen. I don't really get it.

13 minutes ago, CALZONE said:

Are you a Vulcan?

11 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

How do you know those are more important to him than money/being comfortable? 

The Angels didn't have anything of those things when he and his agent asked for 13 years. 

You're going around in circles trying to find a way to make it look like Trout is unlikely to stay here, and it's almost like you want that to happen. I don't really get it.

I don't know but maybe that 13 year proposal included a player only opt-out. Something obviously prevented that deal from happening. 

25 minutes ago, CALZONE said:

I don't know but maybe that 13 year proposal included a player only opt-out. Something obviously prevented that deal from happening. 

What prevented it is Arte is an idiot. 

But what didn't prevent it was Trout.

1 hour ago, tdawg87 said:

What prevented it is Arte is an idiot. 

But what didn't prevent it was Trout.

It's a business so I'm sure both sides had some disagreements. I think Arte does end up getting the best years of Trout regardless of what happens moving forward. 

A lot of business related issues have happened since Trout arrived. Pujols was never vintage Pujols. Arte didn't get his highway robbery real estate deal with the city. Hamilton and Wilson both shit in Arte's cereal. Dipoto quit. Arte stopped the spending big. We are seeing a lot more stop gap players in the lineup because of the luxury tax.

I wonder how many players that are on the current roster will actually be here during Trout's contract year. That's the single most important issue that I believe will impact Trout's decision. Who will he be playing with in 2020 and will they have a sustainable winning formula.

I'm pretty sure that there will be at least 3-4 teams willing to pay Trout his asking price but out of those, the team that provides him the best opportunity to win will probably get his services. 

Maybe just maybe Trout's agent is going to wait and see what happens with Bryce Harpers contract. If he gets something crazy like $400M - $450M will Arte be compelled to pay more or will he direct Eppler to start shopping him.

Probably. The Angels have $0 committed past 2021. 

Arte could very well offer Trout 40 million a year to stay an Angel. Maybe more. 

You're going to hate it if he signs that kind of contract, but that's the price that may very well need to be paid. 

And yes, I believe he's worth it. No, I don't care about hypothetical scenarios in which Trout plays for another team and the Angels win the World Series with a low payroll. I also don't care that Trout will be getting paid a ridiculous amount of money to decline. Oh and I'm aware it's possible to win without Trout, but it would be a hell of a lot easier to win with him. 

Did I cover everything? 

2 minutes ago, arch stanton said:

As long as he never develops plantar fasciitis he should be great for another 12 years at least. Then just be really freakin good for a few years

That sounds pretty much what everyone thought about Pujols when he was Trout's current age.