• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Its Time....

eligrba

2 hours ago, IEAngelsfan said:

Instead of posting here, you would think these people would be out buying lotto tickets with their ability to know the future.

New rule: No speculating on AW. (even if the speculator expressly states, "i think, i'm guessing, etc.")

4 hours ago, CALZONE said:

Strad I've never heard that there was a $400M offer on the table. If you know different please share that with the rest of the baseball world. $400M would be biggest offer in history. Does Arte know about this?

I would assume that the best player in baseball still under the age of 30 would get the largest contract in history.

1 minute ago, stormngt said:

I am basing that of another poster 40 million for ten years.  Considering he is going to make 33 million next year 40 million per year is not unlikely.

$400M

I get that but I don't think it will be the Angels making that offer. Trout's agent is going to go all out Scott Boras on this and who could blame him. He's going to sign the highest paid MLB contract in history. I think we are going to get Greinked again when the time comes. 

17 minutes ago, CALZONE said:

$400M

I get that but I don't think it will be the Angels making that offer. Trout's agent is going to go all out Scott Boras on this and who could blame him. He's going to sign the highest paid MLB contract in history. I think we are going to get Greinked again when the time comes. 

Nah, he'll be offered top dollar before he hits the FA market. Maybe he signs it, maybe he doesn't. But they'll make the offer. My guess is it's 10 years, $400M+ and has some creative structures in it we've never seen before. It will seem like a bargain after Trout and Machado sign wherever they end up, and there's a chance he'll stay. Things are breaking right for us to be able to do it. Yankees will tie up a ton with Harper and their current core. Phillies won't be any further along than us, and won't be able to offer more; we will get first bite at the apple. Los Angeles and Boston have guys like Seager and Betts to worry about on similar deals. If a handicapper was going to cap this now, the angels would be the favorite at 60% -140 with all the other teams having a sliver of possibility and being a + number.

10 hours ago, CALZONE said:

$400M

If the Angels don't make the offer than its on them.  Like I said the Angels have an advantage to resign him for the next three years.  No one can out his the Angels during that time.  It's the Angels business decision to let him go free agency or not.

9 minutes ago, stormngt said:

If the Angels don't make the offer than its on them.  Like I said the Angels have an advantage to resign him for the next three years.  No one can out his the Angels during that time.  It's the Angels business decision to let him go free agency or not.

The Angels have no say in the matter if Trout's agent says no we are not negotiating during his current contract. The Angels may not be afforded the opportunity to make an offer. The Angels should move to Millville. Problem solved.

Every single player with six years of experience has the same power as Trout, minus the no trade clause, as it relates to whether they will negotiate with their current team or not.  The only difference is dollars.  Sure he will be more desirable than any other player, but the fact remains it's entirely up to the player if they want to stay when the contract expires. Kole Calhoun is from Arizona, so he's definitely leaving when his contract is up to sign with the D-Backs.  Cam Bedrosian is from Atlanta so he will never sign an extension and will go to the Braves.  Tyler Skaggs, Dodgers.  Simmons, he will play just in the WBC because he's from that one place that's a Dutch colony.  

11 hours ago, Fresh Catch Trout said:

Nah, he'll be offered top dollar before he hits the FA market. Maybe he signs it, maybe he doesn't. But they'll make the offer. My guess is it's 10 years, $400M+ and has some creative structures in it we've never seen before. It will seem like a bargain after Trout and Machado sign wherever they end up, and there's a chance he'll stay. Things are breaking right for us to be able to do it. Yankees will tie up a ton with Harper and their current core. Phillies won't be any further along than us, and won't be able to offer more; we will get first bite at the apple. Los Angeles and Boston have guys like Seager and Betts to worry about on similar deals. If a handicapper was going to cap this now, the angels would be the favorite at 60% -140 with all the other teams having a sliver of possibility and being a + number.

The Phillies are a large market team that could easily offer up the money to buy Trout in free agency. Currently they have a massive amount of salary space. By the time Trout hits free agency that may change (particularly with the 2018-2019 free agent class) but as it stands they are preparing to compete to start between now and 2019 so waiting a little longer might be worth it to them if they feel Mike wants to move back East (who knows).

Frankly any of the large market teams could make enough room for him (and would probably do so in a heartbeat if they thought Mike was available). The Yankees could sign both Harper and Trout. Same with the Dodgers and perhaps the Red Sox or the Phillies.

46 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Every single player with six years of experience has the same power as Trout, minus the no trade clause, as it relates to whether they will negotiate with their current team or not.  The only difference is dollars.  Sure he will be more desirable than any other player, but the fact remains it's entirely up to the player if they want to stay when the contract expires. Kole Calhoun is from Arizona, so he's definitely leaving when his contract is up to sign with the D-Backs.  Cam Bedrosian is from Atlanta so he will never sign an extension and will go to the Braves.  Tyler Skaggs, Dodgers.  Simmons, he will play just in the WBC because he's from that one place that's a Dutch colony.  

We are not talking about regular ordinary type players. We are talking about Mike Trout. He's the best player on the planet. He will have the ability to play wherever he wants to play. Arte waving his checkbook might not impact his decision one bit. Everybody says Mike Trout is not about money so.......what if he decides to play somewhere else for less money because his family wants him to play closer to home. There's more than money to consider. A hitters ballpark, family, organizational status, team talent level, team history, manager, ownership, GM, farm systems. I don't think just waving a checkbook is all he's looking at. 

2 minutes ago, CALZONE said:

We are not talking about regular ordinary type players. We are talking about Mike Trout. He's the best player on the planet. He will have the ability to play wherever he wants to play. Arte waving his checkbook might not impact his decision one bit. Everybody says Mike Trout is not about money so.......what if he decides to play somewhere else for less money because his family wants him to play closer to home. There's more than money to consider. A hitters ballpark, family, organizational status, team talent level, team history, manager, ownership, GM, farm systems. I don't think just waving a checkbook is all he's looking at. 

Yes.  

9 hours ago, CALZONE said:

The Angels have no say in the matter if Trout's agent says no we are not negotiating during his current contract. The Angels may not be afforded the opportunity to make an offer. The Angels should move to Millville. Problem solved.

No agent will say no negotiations.  He may not accept the Angels offer but it's bad business to say "no negotiations".

After all...a career ending injury to Trout and his agent doesn't get the pay day.

5 minutes ago, stormngt said:

No agent will say no negotiations.  He may not accept the Angels offer but it's bad business to say "no negotiations".

After all...a career ending injury to Trout and his agent doesn't get the pay day.

"We’re not like the other people," Landis said Saturday. "We feel that Mike is going to do well. We feel that is a nice length. We like the length of this deal. We feel that this keeps our options open down the road, and it gives Mike what we think for him is still lifetime security."

Trout is 22. Barring significant injury or a downturn in performance, he will hit free agency in the prime of his career. Miguel Cabrera, at 31, is guaranteed $292 million through age 40 -- and salaries for premium players only go up.

1 minute ago, CALZONE said:

"We’re not like the other people," Landis said Saturday. "We feel that Mike is going to do well. We feel that is a nice length. We like the length of this deal. We feel that this keeps our options open down the road, and it gives Mike what we think for him is still lifetime security."

Trout is 22. Barring significant injury or a downturn in performance, he will hit free agency in the prime of his career. Miguel Cabrera, at 31, is guaranteed $292 million through age 40 -- and salaries for premium players only go up.

I like that you left out how Landis and Trout wanted a 13 years deal.

35 minutes ago, CALZONE said:

All I can say wait and see.  You rely too much on public statements.  Those statements are often used for posturing.   The agent has more incentive to negotiate than Trout.  Trout has made more money than he can spend in a lifetime.  The agent only gets 6%.