• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Richards to 60 day DL...

DMVol

4 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I'd pay him a modest 2 or 3 year deal.  When I say modest I'm talking 2-3 years at around $2-3 million a year.  

Richards dream of being a frontline MLB Ace pitcher with a $150M+ contract is over. He'll be fortunate to get a deal like Stradling is suggesting considering his history. If things continue to go well for Skaggs he will eventually be our number 1.

4 minutes ago, CALZONE said:

Richards dream of being a frontline MLB Ace pitcher with a $150M+ contract is over. He'll be fortunate to get a deal like Stradling is suggesting considering his history. If things continue to go well for Skaggs he will eventually be our number 1.

I'm assuming his dream was to be a great major league pitcher that won a championship, and not necessarily have a dream of having $150 million contract.  I'm as big of an optimist as we have here and I never thought he'd have a contract like that.  How many pitchers do? 4 or 5?  

Now I will say I don't like the direction of some of the posters here that are pissed at Richards. I don't blame him for not having surgery and holding off, it's his livelihood.  I am sure he wants nothing more than to compete.  

If he gets the surgery he very well could be effective as a starter or dominate as a closer.  He could still have a very nice career. 

When G-Rich went down with injury covering the 1st base against Red Sox in Boston, I was in Boston for college and attended that game, wished him to come back stronger.

I didn't know that was literally the last time I'd see him pitching healthy. Since then, he's getting all sorts of problems everywhere on his body and never stays active on roster for more than weeks :(

We all know this season is now over. We know it.  We also understand they can't tear it down in April.  But if they don't have the guts to make some headline making trades before the deadline, we'll, I am going to be pissed.  And as fan in my fifties now, I will try my best to not let sports actually make me angry so the smarter reaction will be to just ignore the team entirely and check back in when the Winter Meetings come around.

There is no excuse to sit on a mediocre roster and start 2018 just like 2017.

Start making phone calls Billy.

4 minutes ago, nando714 said:

Can't wait for the "Richards threw a very nice long toss today"...the "unbelievable bullpen session" ...the the "tommy John" announcement in August. See you in 2019 if you're still around 

Yea I'm looking forward to people caring about those announcements too. 

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

I'm assuming his dream was to be a great major league pitcher that won a championship, and not necessarily have a dream of having $150 million contract.  I'm as big of an optimist as we have here and I never thought he'd have a contract like that.  How many pitchers do? 4 or 5?  

Now I will say I don't like the direction of some of the posters here that are pissed at Richards. I don't blame him for not having surgery and holding off, it's his livelihood.  I am sure he wants nothing more than to compete.  

If he gets the surgery he very well could be effective as a starter or dominate as a closer.  He could still have a very nice career. 

Richards needed this season to go perfect because of his age and to set up forgoing his A4 season for a multiyear deal. An 18-9 season with a 2.97 ERA would've netted him a 3-5 year worth $70M - $120M deal. It was a tough call for him to avoid the surgery. 

16 hours ago, Angelsjunky said:

I could see Richards coming back in a couple years and becoming an elite closer for the A's, and then some east coast team. Might be a better fit for his style of throwing all out. That way he can do it for 10-15 pitches every three nights, vs. 100 pitches every five.

Fixed.

7 hours ago, jchalos89 said:

When G-Rich went down with injury covering the 1st base against Red Sox in Boston, I was in Boston for college and attended that game, wished him to come back stronger.

I didn't know that was literally the last time I'd see him pitching healthy. Since then, he's getting all sorts of problems everywhere on his body and never stays active on roster for more than weeks :(

I guess you missed the entire 2015 season when he made 32 starts and pitched 207.1 innings