• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Calolfornia

19 minutes ago, Spin Rate said:

The for-profit dialysis companies all sunk in tens of millions of dollars in their vote no campaign, which is why I voted yes.

My mother was on Dialysis for three weeks straight. Once setup it requires very little of an attendant to do other than change out the fluid that is fed into the patient and empty the the bag that captures the waste materials.

These are alarm base when one is either empty or full so it's not as though anyone has to be in the room to be notified, most are tied into nursing stations for alerts. 

You voted to increase Dialysis costs making it more of a hardship on patients to get their lifesaving treatments. Very Lib of you.

6 hours ago, Jason said:

They do routinely vote for more taxes in a state that has the highest. It's beyond confusing to me

it's amazing how we routinely complain about our taxes being too high, and then turn around and vote for more taxes that our idiots legislators in sacramento keep putting on the ballot, while they never cut a dime from anything.

we don't have enough smart people in this state.

6 hours ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

I've got family members who work at dialysis clinics and it's a good thing 23 was a no doubter especially since voters already shot something similar down last election. 

good, i've been wondering why this was on the ballot again this year after we just voted against it two years ago. i hope it's not on the ballot two years from now.

• 2 weeks later...

California voters have decided on all 12 state propositions; here’s what passed and failed

Overall, for once my ballot and what was voted in wasn't far off.

PROPOSITION 14: APPROVED. 

PROPOSITION 15: REJECTED. 

PROPOSITION 16: REJECTED. 

PROPOSITION 17: APPROVED. 

PROPOSITION 18: REJECTED. 

PROPOSITION 19: APPROVED. 

PROPOSITION 20: REJECTED. 

PROPOSITION 21: REJECTED. 

PROPOSITION 22: APPROVED. 

PROPOSITION 23: REJECTED.

PROPOSITION 24: APPROVED. 

PROPOSITION 25: REJECTED. 

7 minutes ago, Taylor said:

The poor start-up businesses Lyft and Uber can now survive. Praise Jesus!

I'm just happy I'll still be able to get a Lyft/Uber quickly, as opposed to it becoming like a taxi and waiting 30 minutes.  30 minutes is a long time for someone to decide they are sober enough to drive.  

3 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

Yeah, screw those evil businesses!

They donated $200M to a campaign alleging they can't afford to treat their contractors like employees.

Any time a business invests that much of their hard-earned profit into a messaging campaign, I grow very skeptical.

5 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

I'm just happy I'll still be able to get a Lyft/Uber quickly, as opposed to it becoming like a taxi and waiting 30 minutes.  30 minutes is a long time for someone to decide they are sober enough to drive.  

This is what $200M buys you. Did you get the text message from the "single mother" too? Or did you get the email that basically said the universe will end if 22 doesn't pass?

1 hour ago, Taylor said:

They donated $200M to a campaign alleging they can't afford to treat their contractors like employees.

Any time a business invests that much of their hard-earned profit into a messaging campaign, I grow very skeptical.

I missed the long lift of uber and lyft drivers clamoring to be employees vs contractors. I would think adults can make up their own mind without the state telling them what they can and can't do

2 hours ago, Taylor said:

But it's OK for the unions to spend $43M on Prop 23?

2 hours ago, Taylor said:

Profit? lmao 

Uber loses billions every year

46 minutes ago, AngelsLongBall said:

But it's OK for the unions to spend $43M on Prop 23?

That's not all the unions do in regards to prop 23 and dialysis clinics.  My sister in law runs multiple clinics and they have to watch out for people who apply that are employed by the union as they're only there to stir the pot, to try to unionize the workforce and threaten walk outs which comes at the expense of the treatment the clinics provide.  In an extreme case one of the individuals tried to sabotage one of the patients dialysis treatments.  I don't believe that case was indicative of the union as a whole but I've heard enough stories to know there's a right way and a wrong way to go about things and I wouldn't consider a lot of what they do to be in the right.