• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Calolfornia

31 minutes ago, Jason said:

Well at least they haven't really fucked us this time. Prop 22 passed, which is a cluster fuck on top of a pre-existing cluster fuck.

11 minutes ago, Jason said:

You do realize the article you linked was from is 17 hours old and references the early returns right?  I was watching the votes as they came in and at one point it was 51/49 in favor of yes then it was 50/50 while yes was still winning slightly.  Currently it's at 51.7/48.3 in favor of no while there's a difference of 400K votes:

https://ballotpedia.org/California_Proposition_15,_Tax_on_Commercial_and_Industrial_Properties_for_Education_and_Local_Government_Funding_Initiative_(2020)

Says 100% of precincts reporting but not final/certified yet.  Thankfully I think enough sane people didn't buy the "think of the school children" rallying cry and realized this expense would be passed on to consumers while making CA an even less business friendly state.

2 minutes ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

You do realize the article you linked was from is 17 hours old and references the early returns right?  I was watching the votes as they came in and at one point it was 51/49 in favor of yes then it was 50/50 while yes was still winning slightly.  Currently it's at 51.7/48.3 in favor of no while there's a difference of 400K votes:

https://ballotpedia.org/California_Proposition_15,_Tax_on_Commercial_and_Industrial_Properties_for_Education_and_Local_Government_Funding_Initiative_(2020)

Says 100% of precincts reporting but not final/certified yet.  Thankfully I think enough sane people didn't buy the "think of the school children" rallying cry and realized this expense would be passed on to consumers while making CA an even less business friendly state.

That's good then. 

5 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

It's easy to vote for new taxes when they are being told that they aren't the ones that will pay them.

as a general rule I almost always vote no on California props. Every once in a while I'll vote yes on one but most are really stupid. Like allowing parolees to vote. I'm fine with it once they've done their time and demonstrate they aren't a criminal anymore  

1 minute ago, Jason said:

as a general rule I almost always vote no on California props. Every once in a while I'll vote yes on one but most are really stupid. Like allowing parolees to vote. I'm fine with it once they've done their time and demonstrate they aren't a criminal anymore  

Uh...that's exactly what the proposition accomplishes.

11 minutes ago, Jason said:

I'm pretty happy with the outcomes.  I've got family members who work at dialysis clinics and it's a good thing 23 was a no doubter especially since voters already shot something similar down last election. 

29 minutes ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

I'm pretty happy with the outcomes.  I've got family members who work at dialysis clinics and it's a good thing 23 was a no doubter especially since voters already shot something similar down last election. 

The for-profit dialysis companies all sunk in tens of millions of dollars in their vote no campaign, which is why I voted yes.

1 hour ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

Any ballot that pushes the think of the children should be voted down. By now there have been so many think of the children tax increase the children should be able to afford a house at the beach and three Porsches.

2 minutes ago, Spin Rate said:

I vote "yes" on the "think of the children" props just so that Blarg will never be able to afford a Porsche.

I've already had two Mercedes SLK that are equivalent to Porsche Cayman in prices so all you have really done is try and insure you will never be able to afford either. Good job, dumbass.