• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Calolfornia

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

I just don't believe our elected officials when they say what it's for 

It's not even a matter of believing them because they don't even hide it.  On many of the measures that support ____ it says at least some of the money goes in the general fund where it isn't required to go towards what it supposedly supports. 

i pretty much vote no on any bond issue. it's going to raise taxes/prices in some fashion, and screw them all for continuing to dip into my pocket when they're never willing to cut spending.

any advertisement that talks about how it's to save the police, fire, paramedics, etc. or that it's for the schools, is usually so full of BS you hear the cows mooing.

13 minutes ago, Spin Rate said:

By the way, I love how Uber/Lyft spent $200M on their prop 21 campaign, yet they apparently can't afford to pay their employees.

It's 22. But it really is bad legislation and really screws over small businesses. Uber and Lyft rely heavily on the people who work 60 hours a week. 

They can afford employees financially, but to do so they would have to exercise a lot more control over the drivers. Those guys who do the bulk of the work driving 10-12 hour days, will not stick around if they are forced to be W-2s. They'll be limited to 40 hours per week. They'll be forced to accept all trips. Their net income will be cut in half. Uber w/employees will suck for everyone other than drivers who are 65 years old or deadbeats.

23 minutes ago, Adam said:

It's 22. But it really is bad legislation and really screws over small businesses. Uber and Lyft rely heavily on the people who work 60 hours a week. 

They can afford employees financially, but to do so they would have to exercise a lot more control over the drivers. Those guys who do the bulk of the work driving 10-12 hour days, will not stick around if they are forced to be W-2s. They'll be limited to 40 hours per week. They'll be forced to accept all trips. Their net income will be cut in half. Uber w/employees will suck for everyone other than drivers who are 65 years old or deadbeats.

Cool story, bro. The political text message I got from the single mother who drives for Uber told me the same kind of things.

2 minutes ago, Spin Rate said:

Cool story, bro. The political text message I got from the single mother who drives for Uber told me the same kind of things.

Well if you're good with taking food off of people's tables, then I'm good with it too.

42 minutes ago, calscuf said:

Or perhaps its just another large corporation trying to screw it's "employees" and save a buck.  I've worked in a situation where I was classified as an IC when I was clearly an employee.  My boss did it to save cash, nothing else.

Of course on the work comp side of things, I see injured drivers getting fucked over all the time because Uber doesn't include them on the comp insurance.  

That said I voted yes because I don't want to risk a DUI if we lose Uber/Lyft.

LMAO awesome

1 hour ago, Adam said:

Wouldn't it also not hire part timers?  I mean, if you have to pay all of the benefits, as a company, wouldn't you want the max 40 hours a week?  So that would cut out the other half of people that actually do just do a few rides or just a day or two a week to make some extra money.

4 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Wouldn't it also not hire part timers?  I mean, if you have to pay all of the benefits, as a company, wouldn't you want the max 40 hours a week?  So that would cut out the other half of people that actually do just do a few rides or just a day or two a week to make some extra money.

Perhaps... And for that type of work, W2 drivers are not going to have any incentive to be prompt. It will be a shit show for consumers if they decide to try to make a W2 model work. Fares will go way up. Rides will be harder to get and shittier. And the good drivers will be gone. 

If it fails I really hope those companies leave CA. 

11 minutes ago, Spin Rate said:

I find that when wealthy businesspeople resort to scare tactics, I should do the opposite of what they're telling me to do.

No offense.

That’s fine. I’m sure you reviewed all the data and don’t mind eliminating tens of thousands of $60k+ incomes.

Just now, Adam said:

Perhaps... And for that type of work, W2 drivers are not going to have any incentive to be prompt. It will be a shit show for consumers if they decide to try to make a W2 model work. Fares will go way up. Rides will be harder to get and shittier. And the good drivers will be gone. 

If it fails I really hope those companies leave CA. 

There will always be.

Taxi-TV-show-cast.jpg 

32 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

I'm actually stunned that there hasn't been enough signatures for a recall Newsom election.  Heck, even my lib friends can't stand Newsom.

I saw a dude outside Target in his "Recall Newsom" booth. Nobody was interacting with him. I guess Newsom is more popular than Gray Davis.

1 hour ago, gotbeer said:

I'm actually stunned that there hasn't been enough signatures for a recall Newsom election.  Heck, even my lib friends can't stand Newsom.

People are too focused on the presidential election to care. I don’t know anyone who likes Newscum either