• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

ESPN WORST 10 MLB Ballparks Listing

disarcina

During the 2010 All Star Game we had an opportunity to chat briefly with Peter Gammons underneath the Right Field stands before the flag ceremony. I remember him saying...."Boy this stadium needs a lot of upgrades"...."It's so outdated I'm surprised it was chosen to host this game"

Oh well that comes from a guy that visits a lot of stadiums.

7 hours ago, disarcina said:

Oh , and there was the comment about the Halo's team fortunes:

" the team is not very good and won't be very good for  a while despite having Mike Trout on the roster, in the line up"

glad to see halo thunder is still around.

3 hours ago, Don said:

I'd throw KC in there. The ballpark itself is fine, but the food service is really really bad (wasn't the case ten years ago), and if you're driving from KC proper you get a very interesting tour of the east side of KC (think a way sadder Compton).

i was thinking the same thing. their upgrades remind me of what we did here, just basic. i dig the vibe, but that stadium is pretty basic with some waterfalls.

I have not been to Dodger Stadium in almost twenty years.......used to go to a lot of games there as a kid and later during college years.

I guess they've upgraded a few things -- made the concourse wider which was really needed because it was always packed with folks walking around during the games (it amazes me how folks at Dodger games don't actually watch the game)......I understand the parking lot is more of a nightmare getting in and out of than ever before -- sort of McCourt's legacy........

NO sidewalks? it's the walk from the ballpark over to the area near the Honda Center on Katella.......there are no sidewalks there -- I remember one year, a few years back now, we caught an NCAA March Madness tournament game at the Honda Center followed by an Angels baseball exhibition game at Angels Stadium (might have been one of the years when they cut short the freeway series exhibition and I think the Angels played the Padres).........anyway walking from the nearby hotel to the Honda Center under that tunnel was quite the trek.......no sidewalks and there was a large crowd of folks that walked on Katella through the underpass to the point traffic was stopped......everyone headed to the basketball games at the Honda Center.......so i know where the guy means.

4 hours ago, Don said:

I'd throw KC in there. The ballpark itself is fine, but the food service is really really bad (wasn't the case ten years ago), and if you're driving from KC proper you get a very interesting tour of the east side of KC (think a way sadder Compton).

If you are eating inside the stadium in KC you're doing it wrong.

I don't have a problem with the list. If anything I think Angels stadium should have been ranked lower. Remember that 10 stadiums is 1/3 of all stadiums. I'd say it's in the bottom third.

Dodger stadium may be worse, that's a matter of opinion. But IMO US Cellular is a better stadium. 

Angel stadium is fine. The food isn't great, the concourses are narrow, the view of the surroundings is decent, and the surrounding neighborhood is okay at best but improving.

The sight lines are pretty good and it's decently clean. It's kept up pretty well. It's a mediocre bottom of the middle of the road stadium and it was ranked as such.

17 hours ago, CALZONE said:

During the 2010 All Star Game we had an opportunity to chat briefly with Peter Gammons underneath the Right Field stands before the flag ceremony. I remember him saying...."Boy this stadium needs a lot of upgrades"...."It's so outdated I'm surprised it was chosen to host this game"

Oh well that comes from a guy that visits a lot of stadiums.

Kudos for not mentioning Arte anywhere in that post, even though you might have had a legitimate reason to.

22 hours ago, yk9001 said:

You guys sound like a bunch of jilted high schoolers.

Dodger Stadium has been a top stadium for like, forever.

Especially after the renovations. Its miles better than Angel Stadium. Parking/Leaving are the only issues there. Well... The browns too.

8 hours ago, yk9001 said:

Hagerstown doesn't have the latino population as LA, so she hasn't taken on as many Mexicans as Dodger stadium does.

yes, she has. 

i was thinking about this and I realized you never said if she was hot in the first place. was she in good shape? I mean, did she actually play tennis or just use the facilities? 

On 2/28/2017 at 0:36 PM, disarcina said:

6. Arlington, Texas ( relatively new park, too -- article says Commissioner looking to push Texas for new park by 2020 -- wasn't this ballpark just built not long ago?)

I think it has a lot to do with it's hotter than hell there, and they have no roof.  And yes, it's a fairly new park.  It opened in 94. 

9 minutes ago, Lou said:

yes, she has. 

i was thinking about this and I realized you never said if she was hot in the first place. was she in good shape? I mean, did she actually play tennis or just use the facilities? 

She was really cute.  Seriously.  God, there is no better time than to be in high school.

I don't have any pictures of us, but I am sure there is something in yearbook.

I think what this article fails to acknowledge is that there are really very few "bad" ballparks left in baseball. Take Oakland and Tampa Bay out of the mix and every one of them are generally pretty good, some admittedly better than others, which far exceeds the multi-purpose world of the 70s and 80s. 

I could express my opinion in greater detail of why we as a society are so negative but I've gotta run. I have to finish my Top 10 Ugliest Miss America winners list.

Dodger stadium is a great place to watch a ball game. I go to probably 3 games a year up there and never had a bad experience. Every team has knucklehead fans. One of my friends at work who visited yankee stadium last season said himself that their fans are beyond worse than dodger fans.

angel stadium is hold and haggard. I see nothing wrong with those comments 

the hat nachos are disgusting. I never buy food. I always bring my own peanuts. Only thing I'll buy is beer. I get the 2 small beers for like 9 bucks instead of 1 large beer for about 11? I get more beer for my buck

The only good thing about angel stadium is that it takes me 10-15 min to get to lol