• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official World Baseball Classic Thread

m0nkey

3 hours ago, Vladdylonglegs said:

I wish the US took the WBC seriously like every other country. The lack of participation from America's best players is why nobody here cares or even knows about the WBC.

The crazy thing is this US squad is pretty darn good, even without all the firepower. But can you imagine Bryant/Trout/Betts in the outfield with a Kershaw/Scherzer/Thor/Sale rotation? I mean…. 

8 hours ago, Angels_Baseball said:

The crazy thing is this US squad is pretty darn good, even without all the firepower. But can you imagine Bryant/Trout/Betts in the outfield with a Kershaw/Scherzer/Thor/Sale rotation? I mean…. 

Hard to imagine Bryant in the outfield but yea. Trout has publicly stated he wants in next time. 

9 minutes ago, Troll Daddy said:

Hard to imagine Bryant in the outfield but yea. Trout has publicly stated he wants in next time. 

Bryant played over 65 games in the outfield last year, so it's not that hard to imagine.  If I could have both him and Arrenado on the same team then Bryant would absolutely be in the outfield, or 1st base.  Arrenado is an amazing 3rd baseman. 

6 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Bryant played over 65 games in the outfield last year, so it's not that hard to imagine.  If I could have both him and Arrenado on the same team then Bryant would absolutely be in the outfield, or 1st base.  Arrenado is an amazing 3rd baseman. 

No doubt he can play outfield ... you could put Trout at first base too. 

15 hours ago, Vladdylonglegs said:

I wish the US took the WBC seriously like every other country. The lack of participation from America's best players is why nobody here cares or even knows about the WBC.

Yeah, this sucks. We get bagged on by the world because we have never finished higher than 4th, yet we never field our best team. This is OUR sport, fer chrissakes!!!! We need to show the world what we can do.

Why is Trout NOW saying he wants to play in the NEXT one? What was wrong with this one? Some clause in his contract that we dont know about?

By the time the next WBC rolls around, Trout may not be an Angel. New contract?

Amazing to see McCutcheon batting 8th.

So if you could put together your ideal Team USA of current players who would it be?  I don't have time to type it out right now, but I would love to read others opinions.  

1b- Goldschmidt

2b- Zobrist (maybe)

SS- Seager

3b- Arrenado

LF- Bryant

CF- Trout

RF- Harper

DH- Stanton

Theres a start, but I am sure I am missing quite a few just on the everyday part.  

3 hours ago, Stradling said:

So if you could put together your ideal Team USA of current players who would it be?  I don't have time to type it out right now, but I would love to read others opinions.  

1b- Goldschmidt

2b- Zobrist (maybe)

SS- Seager

3b- Arrenado

LF- Bryant

CF- Trout

RF- Harper

DH- Stanton

Theres a start, but I am sure I am missing quite a few just on the everyday part.  

I'd roll out a lineup of:

RF Betts CF Trout LF Bryant 1B Goldschmidt SS Seager 3B Arenado DH Harper C Posey 2B Kinsler

Roll out a pitching staff of:

Kershaw-Scherzer-Sale-Thor 

Miller-Britton-Melancon-Kimbrel-Jones-Giles-Allen-Brach

If USA really went full force, you'd be looking at an epic roster like this one. 

1 hour ago, Angels_Baseball said:

I'd roll out a lineup of:

RF Betts CF Trout LF Bryant 1B Goldschmidt SS Seager 3B Arenado DH Harper C Posey 2B Kinsler

Roll out a pitching staff of:

Kershaw-Scherzer-Sale-Thor 

Miller-Britton-Melancon-Kimbrel-Jones-Giles-Allen-Brach

If USA really went full force, you'd be looking at an epic roster like this one. 

Yeah, I didnt notice that catcher was missing.

And the manager would be................Mike Scioscia? LOL!

1 hour ago, WeatherWonk said:

This is tangential but, does anyone else wish our Olympic basketball team did NOT involve pro players?

I'd rather see the best of the collegians, like it used to be. Who cares if the other nations use pros? I think our collegians could hold their own.

our collegians would, for the most part, get their asses kicked

2 hours ago, WeatherWonk said:

Just noticed that I am blacked out for the Venez/Italy game because it is in Mexico. 

I am in Mexico...........approximately 16 hours drive from the game. Yet, I have MLB Premium.

The blackouts are based on tv markets. They want you to watch Mexico play on the network that paid them to broadcast the games

Andrew Miller implodes -- where was Leyland with the hook?

I thought he was four batters too late.

what's with these guys (manager)? -- you've got an ALL STAR type squad -- use your pen -- when a guy like Miller is getting lit up and not looking effective -- next guy up !!!!