• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official World Baseball Classic Thread

m0nkey

four years ago USA did not get out of the first round.

must win game tomorrow. Fortunately we are playing an 0-3 Canada team that looks as if they're having trouble competing.

some of the Latin American teams appear to be just loaded with talent.......they could probably make a run for the MLB championship.

9 hours ago, disarcina said:

four years ago USA did not get out of the first round.

must win game tomorrow. Fortunately we are playing an 0-3 Canada team that looks as if they're having trouble competing.

some of the Latin American teams appear to be just loaded with talent.......they could probably make a run for the MLB championship.

Let's face it. Every team that plays Team USA is super motivated, and has rabid fans behind them. Plus, their best players agree to play.

Come on USA! We can do better than this!!

13 minutes ago, WeatherWonk said:

Let's face it. Every team that plays Team USA is super motivated, and has rabid fans behind them. Plus, their best players agree to play.

Come on USA! We can do better than this!!

While I agree we can do better with the roster,  last night we lost because one of our very best bullpen arms got shelled.  It's not like we had a pitcher that shouldn't have been in the game, it was Andrew Miller. 

9 hours ago, disarcina said:

time of year flipping channels between WBC, ST and March Madness stuff.

the Pac 12 games are hard to watch with the sound on -- Bill Walton's commentary has done something this year that I thought was impossible -- reached a more absurd level.

AMEN!!!

14 hours ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

We have some swagger, but it looks like Andrew Miller isn't ready for opening day yet...

Thats been a big part of this event, the fact that the major league pitchers are still in spring training- early season mode.

But it's made for some exciting comebacks. Managers have big pens to use, and they (most of them) have been using them...1 inning or less has been the norm.

3 minutes ago, Blarg said:

8th inning Frieri strikes out Bautista, Santana gets thrown out trying to take 2nd, then strikes out the last batter. 

Where was this guy three years ago? 

As I recall, he threw everything at one speed. He was eventually easy to time.

Plus, he had control problems.

1 minute ago, Homebrewer said:

They were mostly just bad for us.

F'n Butcher.

So true. Frieri has 30 something saves one year, but I never felt like we had the game won. Same with Rodney. Both pitchers walked a lot of batters. Bad for a closer. Frieri also gave up some critical HRs, as I recall. Cant remember the situations, though.