• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Unemployment is down.

I can only speak from what I see around me. I work for a state government agency that has been under severe financial constraints for the past four years. The grip is beginning to loosen. Unpaid furloughs will continue at their current pace for another year, then be reduced by half. This will restore 25 percent of the pay reduction we took beginning in FY 2010. Baby steps.

yeah... not sure i buy that, smell fresh ink on that one casue noone i know that was out of work i any better off, some have now lost benefits or been cut... i guess thats it, those who can no longer claim have fallen off.

Using the same logic, I've never seen a meteor hit the earth so I'm gonna say that has never happened ever.  

I know everyone here is pretty spread out, but in our area homes prices are heading up (at a slow but steady rate) and the real estate market is really heating up.  For the last 4 years or so, homes would sit on the market for 90+ days.  Today houses have been selling within a week.  Often times the day they're put on the market.

Is this a sign that things are getting better?  Probably.  Worst case, things aren't getting worse. 

Another win for separation of powers in government! 

I know everyone here is pretty spread out, but in our area homes prices are heading up (at a slow but steady rate) and the real estate market is really heating up.  For the last 4 years or so, homes would sit on the market for 90+ days.  Today houses have been selling within a week.  Often times the day they're put on the market.

Is this a sign that things are getting better?  Probably.  Worst case, things aren't getting worse. 

The same thing is going on in Las Vegas, at one time the foreclosure capital of the country. The inventory is down, prices are beginning ti climb and sales aren't taking as long.

I can only speak from what I see around me. I work for a state government agency that has been under severe financial constraints for the past four years. The grip is beginning to loosen. Unpaid furloughs will continue at their current pace for another year, then be reduced by half. This will restore 25 percent of the pay reduction we took beginning in FY 2010. Baby steps.

The city I work for is turning around too. They've had a surplus the last few years and are filling the positions that got eliminated over the last few years and adding a few others.

The city I work for is turning around too. They've had a surplus the last few years and are filling the positions that got eliminated over the last few years and adding a few others.

We're not to the point of adding positions yet (which are sorely needed in my unit), but things seem to have bottomed out about 12-18 months ago.

The housing market in a few cities in OC that I've seen have been heating up kind of ridiculously for a while.  I'm not saying it applies to all types of properties or areas but condos/townhomes/SFH's in a certain range were on the market for a matter of a few days in some cases.  I closed on a place in August and a month later someone closed on a similar place in my complex paying 7% higher.  I know because I met the guy who bought it and like me he was getting outbid on other places so he threw a higher offer out to get the place.  In another townhome association a 2 bedroom went 10% higher than a 3 bedroom went about 6-7 months prior.  I had bids on different places that got 20 offers in less than 2 days and while some were garbage at least a 3rd were asking or above.

Things aren't getting worse but the government has spent trillions the last few years, the fed continues QE and interest rates are ridiculously low.  Sooner rather than later they have to change course or we're screwed.