• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Obama

No shit. The point being that it's going to happen in pretty much any extended military action so we have to decide what's acceptable in pursuit of any given military objective. Saying none is acceptable or all are preventable is pie in the sky fantasy babble. So what's it worth to eliminate IS?

The Pentagon on Thursday significantly raised its estimate for the number of civilians killed in U.S.-led coalition airstrikes in Iraq and Syria, admitting there were an additional 54 deaths that occurred between March 31 and Oct. 22.

Israel does that in a day.

Something tells me though that the numbers are higher than what is being reported.

1 hour ago, arch stanton said:

No shit. The point being that it's going to happen in pretty much any extended military action so we have to decide what's acceptable in pursuit of any given military objective. Saying none is acceptable or all are preventable is pie in the sky fantasy babble. So what's it worth to eliminate IS?

I doubt their families give a shit if we believe it was justified.  What you are saying is that our lives matter more than theirs.

2 hours ago, mtangelsfan said:

I doubt their families give a shit if we believe it was justified.  What you are saying is that our lives matter more than theirs.

Crawl down from the high horse and take a closer look. I didn't say anything. I asked the question. But if you want to press me on it then I'll pick the lives of my family and me over theirs every single time.

4 hours ago, arch stanton said:

Crawl down from the high horse and take a closer look. I didn't say anything. I asked the question. But if you want to press me on it then I'll pick the lives of my family and me over theirs every single time.

I returned the tone of your response.   

As far as what you value, take that argument to its logical conclusion.  It is pretty scary.

5 hours ago, mtangelsfan said:

I returned the tone of your response.   

As far as what you value, take that argument to its logical conclusion.  It is pretty scary.

The logical conclusion is to fight potential threats to us at the source. It's a time to be proactive. The question always comes in identifying what actually is a threat and how much collateral damage we're willing to stomach in dealing with the threat. We all want the bad guys dealt with. None of us want to kill innocents. Most aren't naive enough to believe that can happen so you have to ask the question. What's an acceptable level of collateral damage to eliminate IS?

10 hours ago, mtangelsfan said:

How many innocent human beings should die so I can feel safe?

Take the total number of deaths by the US that is considered collateral damage, then take the amount of civilians tortured and killed by IS and ask yourself are you taking the high road pulling the US out of the fight to save civilian lives? That is your logical conclusion.

5 hours ago, Blarg said:

Take the total number of deaths by the US that is considered collateral damage, then take the amount of civilians tortured and killed by IS and ask yourself are you taking the high road pulling the US out of the fight to save civilian lives? That is your logical conclusion.

That is just bullshit.  Tons of places all over the world where innocents are being killed.  If our goal was altruism we would be in all of those places.