• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

bedophiles

Brandon

i'm leaning towards redoing my entire bedroom and setup. still looking for the bed because i'm particular with the design and ancillary stuff (night stands, dresser, etc.), but think i have all the quality things like pillows and sheets dialed in through some research. however, the one thing i can't decide on and really loathe shopping or trying different beds is the mattress.

any recommendations? what to check out or avoid? good stories or bad ones? anything to avoid?

no real budget, i value a good nights sleep so much that i'll splurge and spend more if it's worth it. i feel like this came up a long time ago here and people had really good input on what to check out or what their setups were.

this amerisleep seems to be getting the best ratings on a few sites:

Revere-bed-750x429.jpg

I've got a Tuft & Needle that I'm fond of, and I have heard good things on Leesa mattresses. I lost interest in spring mattresses after constantly battling sag and flipping them over.

For me, T&N has the right mix of soft v. firm, and didn't have any sort of off-gassing issue at all.

1 hour ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Was wondering about the same thread that was on here awhile ago. i dont have any good input, but am in the market too. starting to have back problems, time for a firmer mattress.

I remember someone on here mentioning hotel quality bed mattresses....thats my target.

ironically, that might have been me....i think wicked jumped in as well.

my mother stayed at some high end hotel and it was around her birthday, if i remember correctly. she mentioned the bed enough that i called the hotel and bought one from them direct as a gift for her. spent around 4k, but i'll admit, that was a damn good bed. i'd like to not spend that much or think there may be a better option, but i'll check with her tomorrow and see if she remembers the details.

good idea, by the way, and something to think about. like i said, that was a great bed and now i'm even thinking about it.

1 hour ago, Ordos said:

I've got a Tuft & Needle that I'm fond of, and I have heard good things on Leesa mattresses. I lost interest in spring mattresses after constantly battling sag and flipping them over.

For me, T&N has the right mix of soft v. firm, and didn't have any sort of off-gassing issue at all.

never heard of either, i'll check it out. yeah, i'm not down with spring mattresses.

11 minutes ago, Tank said:

We had a sleep number bed. Big waste of money as we never really slept well on it plus it didn't handle moving very well. If anyone is considering buying one, please reconsider.

thanks for the heads up, i was curious about these.

Its weird, i had never even really thought about ut until i read the old thread. ive stayed in some shithole hotels (overseas), but when i stay in a decent one, that thread always pops into my head. a good mattress and good pillows really do standout.

I keep meaning to replace mine, but im planning to move in the next year and want to hold off on anything until i know what the new place will lool like

15 minutes ago, Tank said:

We had a sleep number bed. Big waste of money as we never really slept well on it plus it didn't handle moving very well. If anyone is considering buying one, please reconsider.

Second.  Sleep number no bueno.

We replaced one last year, wound up going with a saatva.  Highly rated, no brick and mortar, but generous return policy.  Really liked it for quite awhile.  Recently not so much.  Dont know if im 'used to' it or what.  Wife and I have been talking replacement. 

1 minute ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Its weird, i had never even really thought about ut until i read the old thread. ive stayed in some shithole hotels (overseas), but when i stay in a decent one, that thread always pops into my head. a good mattress and good pillows really do standout.

I keep meaning to replace mine, but im planning to move in the next year and want to hold off on anything until i know what the new place will lool like

yeah, i'm kind of up in the air as well, but feel like i need an upgrade. plus, with the oc market being around a mil for a condo i'm not sure what i want to do. might as well upgrade now and be happier during the day and look forward to bed.

good news is i can test dummy some shit for you.

pillows are tough man. i spent $450 a pillow (4) last time i went all out like this and to be fair, i still have them, but they are too soft. and while i over paid i think i found some new ones to try based off research. same with bedding. i like cool as shit when i'm in bed and think i have both. i might post them up tomorrow for critique....i basically have been googling any and everything related to the "best of..." and think i have a general path for both.

i can't put a price on a good nights sleep.

Slept on one of those memory foam mattresses in a nice hotel in Lexington, KY once and enjoyed it. Because of my weight and some back issues, I've slept in a reclining chair for many years. If my weight loss gets me to the point where I can comfortably sleep in a bed again, I'll look into one of those memory foam mattresses that can be raised to different angles.

did a little research and have it bookmarked, these seem to be the best pillows for back and stomach sleepers. i want to try them, but can sometimes be a side sleeper....been trying to focus on being a back sleeper after reading studies.

what's cool is they are really affordable for most. i think i'm going to try them, if they don't work they aren't super expensive to where i can throw them out.

https://www.overstock.com/Bedding-Bath/Standard-300-Thread-Count-Hypoallergenic-Down-Pillows-Set-of-2/4709415/product.html?AID=10712286&PID=8059252&SID=74968X1547195X56da8a532715afa9381368027cbb0d90&refccid=NAKKPEADXPH3QWKLNFFWHHNH44&searchidx=4

DO NOT GO CHEAP ON A MATTRESS. you use that sh*t more than most everything in your life.

so dude.

stop searching. the mattress i have is the greatest thing in the history of the world. i had it custom made. my life is better because of it.

i was staying at a fancy boutique hotel in sonoma, and f*cking loved the mattress. i mean im literally sitting there in a robe in the AM digging around looking for a label and trying to google it. but you can't just get the model number off a tag and order it, because they base it on who is selling it and who it's made for. its a total racket. so you can't comparison shop.

so i got a hold of the hotel manager, and he hooked me up with the person who is responsible for ordering mattresses. and they had these all custom made. so i found a company who's entire job is for people who travel a ton and fall in love with a mattress at 5 star hotels, and want it for their home. because hotel mattresses are totally different/better than the ones for people's homes. just better quality all around and commercial grade.  but you can't buy them unless you're a hotel.

contacted the company, had them make me the exact one the hotel had, white-glove delivered it, etc. 

every single person i've had lay on it agrees it's just f*cking heaven for a bed. every time we get home from a trip, we just sink in and its.. "omg, love this f*cking bed." 

i can hook you up with them if you want. highly recommended.

nice, i knew you'd come thru. and yeah, you were the one that jumped in with me about the hotel grade mattresses.

i'm definitely interested. maybe i need to take a trip up to sonoma just to lay in the bed. yeah dude, shoot me a pm or fb me the number and/or info. i'd love to get more info.

i'm ironcally on right now because i have an itch to find a bed and bedroom set. trying all these fancy ass modern bed sites for a platform bed....i don't know, maybe it's the patrick bates lifestyle. i dig the lower quaint beds.

13 hours ago, Tank said:

Speaking of pillows, anybody have one of those My Pillow ones that are all over late night tv commercials? Opinions?

yes i bought one about a year or 2 ago. they are ok, they dont last forever like the commercial claims as mine has lost its shape and flattens out a lot during the night. the only good thing i like about them is they are washable

19 hours ago, Tank said:

I had one of those and had problems with it. The company was difficult to get help with the problems. 

If I was younger and in a better position to pursue it maybe I'd look into building modular bed setups. You could let a couple choose from different base mattresses and toppers to accommodate their particular preferences and wrap it up in a nice package. Then create a line of sheet sets that actually fit the damn bed.

Fun fact- there's no "P" in the Arabic language so if one was to pronounce the word associated with child defilers it would sound like the title of this thread.

21 minutes ago, arch stanton said:

If I was younger and in a better position to pursue it maybe I'd look into building modular bed setups. You could let a couple choose from different base mattresses and toppers to accommodate their particular preferences and wrap it up in a nice package. Then create a line of sheet sets that actually fit the damn bed.

Fun fact- there's no "P" in the Arabic language so if one was to pronounce the word associated with child defilers it would sound like the title of this thread.

Heh, I know this too well. My extended family is Lebanese so the older folk call me Baul instead of Paul

3 hours ago, Taggart said:

i think my topper is one of the og tempur-pedic ones and it's legit and holds up. i can only imagine how a whole bed is made up of that shit....seems like it would be too soft.

Yeah, I had a tempur-pedic pillow and it was pretty nice but I'd never pay $99 for it. My friend gave it to me since it came with his mattress.