• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Seriously, though: the Bannon choice is incredibly concerning.

4 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

people rationalize because they want our country to succeed.  at least that's why I do it.  I am as terrified as the next person in regards to this guy but I hope that there are enough check's and balances where his supposed intelligence and idea generating skills are made use of while his extremism is kept under wraps.  I would think that the republican majority congress isn't exactly thrilled with this guy even though they are mostly keeping quiet.  So if his influence ends up being toward the extremism consistent with his history, I think the house and senate will take their ball and go home which will lead to 4 years of crickets.  

We can hope Doc...but I don't have much faith in that...I expect to see most of them jumping on the bandwagon.

51 minutes ago, Taylor said:

If true, it's sad that a president would do anything to appease the KKK.

The KKK has less than 5000 members across the US. You guys need to quit making something out of nothing, it is an irrelevant group of loudmouth assholes that spark emotions over real world problems.

http://archive.adl.org/learn/ext_us/kkk/default.html

1 minute ago, mtangelsfan said:

I could think of a lot of terms to describe the Donald, one of those would not be subtle.

but I would think smart.  

I have a hard time believing, that with all the things the Donald has said he wants to do, he would allow this guys extremist approach to permeate and incite obstructionism.  

I would also like to point out in case it's not clear that with great passion I do not support Trump's pick of Bannon.  I truly think the guy is a psycho and he scares the utter bejesus out of me.  I would want nothing more that for this guy to say something stupid and get fired before he has any opportunity whatsoever to have any sort of influence (conspiracy: I am actually hoping that this is the plan.  To appoint him as an advisor to appease the anti-establishment, have him say something horribly racist or sexist prior to the inauguration, and then to ditch him for someone more reasonable.  if only.)

7 minutes ago, red321 said:

We can hope Doc...but I don't have much faith in that...I expect to see most of them jumping on the bandwagon.

maybe, but wouldn't that be somewhat cannibalistic of republicans to support this guy?  I think it just puts them more on guard.  

9 minutes ago, Blarg said:

The KKK has less than 6000 members across the US. You guys need to quit making something out of nothing, it is an irrelevant group of loudmouth assholes that spark emotions over real world problems.

You could almost say the same about BLM.

1 minute ago, Glen said:

You could almost say the same about BLM.

I know that's probably sarcasm.  What percentage of the black-american population do you think support BLM vs. the percentage of white america that supports the KKK?

I bet there are more white americans that support BLM than there are white people who support the KKK or even black people that support BLM.    

1 hour ago, cezero said:

nobody needs to prove anything about bannon. it doesn't lose trump anything politically because most of his constituency will either love having a bona fide bigot on the white house staff, or idiotically accuse anybody who acknowledges bannon's open and unapologetic racism as exaggerating. 

i know i'm living in a fantasy world, but maybe there's a chance it's a token/symbolic position to appease the nationalist/kkk crazies who expect to be represented?  it's not a cabinet position or even an important administrative white house position. presidents have used advisory positions like this as purely political moves before. 

i know it's pie in the sky, but it's kind of all i've got right now. 

No, not most of his constituency love having a bigot.  That is asinine.  He was voted in (ridiculously in my opinion) because his followers bought in to him being an outsider and a good businessman.  All this bullshit that his followers are cool with him being a racist is a bunch of shit.  It is a way for people that don't like him to over simplify it and to demonize people that voted for him. 

19 minutes ago, Stradling said:

No, not most of his constituency love having a bigot.  That is asinine.  He was voted in (ridiculously in my opinion) because his followers bought in to him being an outsider and a good businessman.  All this bullshit that his followers are cool with him being a racist is a bunch of shit.  It is a way for people that don't like him to over simplify it and to demonize people that voted for him. 

You can see cognitive dissonance on both sides. While you can argue that H. Clinton isn't "a criminal" you had many on left saying that "she was the most investigated candidate ever" and that she was completely clean. That's stretching things pretty far. On the right you have people saying that Trump isn't racist and it is just the media trying to spin it that way. That is stretching things, snapping said things and duct taping them back together and restretching frankenthings. But many people decide on a candidate and then mentally create facts to support their decision regardless of the massive inconsistencies there would otherwise be. So in their own way they really aren't supporting a bigot in their minds because they honestly don't see it, wrong as that may actually be.

2 minutes ago, cezero said:

it's NOT because of the staff. most i work with are totally decent people. i worry about the reactions of parents if they found out. i just want to do my job, and whether i'm protected by the law or not, it could add stress to my life. 

it's really not bad, and it's all my choice. 

sorry for the sidetrack here.

I'm sorry you have to do that.  As a parent, I just want teachers who can teach my kid and maybe inspire them just a bit.  Nothing else matters.  

23 minutes ago, cezero said:

nothing that i said precludes a small number of trump voters who find the appointment of bannon distasteful.

my sister and brother in law are 2 of them, though it's pretty low on the list of things they care about.

i live in the reddest area of my state (60% Trump voters in last week's election) because it's cheap, and a lot of the teachers here voted for trump. we don't have a lot of time to talk about much of anything, but i've overheard a few who are more than wary about trump's choices already.  i stay as invisible as possible because i don't want them to know i'm gay or liberal, now more than ever. uncertain times.

My wife works in Fontana where the school board and the Union all were backing Clinton. Even on the state side of it all Union related material was backing Clinton. Her coworkers were all backing Clinton, or at least the vocal ones were.

She is in the same situation you find yourself in, being on the wrong side of public opinion. If the rhetoric is tossed aside then a conversation could be had it doesn't seem as though her coworkers have come down off the ledge. So she finds it best to focus on the kids and let the adults burn off steam. Eventually most will tire of the newness of current events and have a more rational approach.

40 minutes ago, cezero said:

i live in the reddest area of my state (60% Trump voters in last week's election) because it's cheap, and a lot of the teachers here voted for trump. we don't have a lot of time to talk about much of anything, but i've overheard a few who are more than wary about trump's choices already.  i stay as invisible as possible because i don't want them to know i'm gay or liberal, now more than ever. uncertain times.

Man, that is awful.  As you know my son is gay and when I read stuff like this I am so happy we live in So Cal, it is pretty much accepted here by most.  Sure we will have the occasional situation pop up, but nothing like it would have been 20 years ago. 

3 hours ago, Blarg said:

Who does?

Hillary Clinton.

2 hours ago, Blarg said:

The KKK has less than 5000 members across the US. You guys need to quit making something out of nothing, it is an irrelevant group of loudmouth assholes that spark emotions over real world problems.

http://archive.adl.org/learn/ext_us/kkk/default.html

Good point. I've been in ongoing debates with various friends about this. They use the KKK's endorsement of a Trump as an endorsement BY Trump of the KKK...of course they grow silent when I mention that he Grand Dragon of KKK in California endorsed Hillary!

The point being, all candidates have assholes that support them -- although Trump seems to have more than most, or at least the worst of the worst have crawled out from whereever they've been hiding. Hopefully it will die down.

2 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

Hillary Clinton.

Good point. I've been in ongoing debates with various friends about this. They use the KKK's endorsement of a Trump as an endorsement BY Trump of the KKK...of course they grow silent when I mention that he Grand Dragon of KKK in California endorsed Hillary!

The point being, all candidates have assholes that support them -- although Trump seems to have more than most, or at least the worst of the worst have crawled out from whereever they've been hiding. Hopefully it will die down.

Jesus christ you are a gullible little clown aren't you...

“We want Hillary Clinton to win,” Mr Quigg told The Telegraph. “She is telling everybody one thing, but she has a hidden agenda. She’s telling everybody what they want to hear so she can get elected, because she’s Bill Clinton’s wife, she’s close to the Bushes. [But] once she’s in the presidency, she’s going to come out and her true colours are going to show.“Border policies are going to be put in place. Our second amendment rights [favouring gun ownership] that she’s saying she’s against now, she’s not against. She’s just our choice for the presidency.”

Mr Quigg’s declaration of allegiance to Mrs Clinton sounds unconvincing - and contradicts earlier statements.

Asked why he was not therefore supporting Mr Trump, Mr Quigg replied: “We don’t like his hair. We think it’s a toupee. He won’t do what he says he will do. He says he’s going to build a 20-foot high fence along with border with Mexico and make them pay. How’s he going to do that?”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/12192975/The-KKK-leader-who-says-he-backs-Hillary-Clinton.html

On 11/15/2016 at 2:01 PM, Taylor said:

If true, it's sad that a president would do anything to appease the KKK.

If anything, im blown away that there still is a KKK. Heard about it in the military when i was in the south, and laughed. realized people were serious.

In California theres absolutely skins and other woods, but growing up here i always thought the klan was something from another century. fwiw, they hold no water with the skinhead movement out here.