• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Ultimately, what are the future positives in this org at this point?

There's Trout and Weaver of course, along with Trumbo, Bourjos and Aybar and maybe Kendrick (needing to make the routine plays more often).

But otherwise, who can we look forward to seeing being solid at the MLB level for the next several years?   

We don't know what Wilson will do anymore.

We don't know what Pujols will do going forward.

We don't know what Hamilton will ever do again going forward, since his metrics are declining.

We don't know if Madson will ever pitch again, at this rate.

We don't know if there will ever be a solid foreign presence again.

The pitching in this org, sans Weaver and maybe Frieri, is a mess.  

And one thing needs to be said about Pujols' signing being due to wanting a big money tv contract. 

Didn't the new big tv deal get signed BEFORE Pujols signed with the Halos?

There's Trout and Weaver of course, along with Trumbo, Bourjos and Aybar and maybe Kendrick (needing to make the routine plays more often).

But otherwise, who can we look forward to seeing being solid at the MLB level for the next several years?

We don't know what Wilson will do anymore.

We don't know what Pujols will do going forward.

We don't know what Hamilton will ever do again going forward, since his metrics are declining.

We don't know if Madson will ever pitch again, at this rate.

We don't know if there will ever be a solid foreign presence again.

The pitching in this org, sans Weaver and maybe Frieri, is a mess.

And one thing needs to be said about Pujols' signing being due to wanting a big money tv contract.

Didn't the new big tv deal get signed BEFORE Pujols signed with the Halos?

No AO, the new tv contract was contingent on signing Albert.

I don't know how precidented it is for a tv contract to include paying a superstar a large part of his salary, but if it is true it's a pleasant surprise.

Remember I said I "believe". I don't think they would have paid AP directly, but that Arte was able to up his price based on bringing in such a superstar.

I would rather the team tank completely rather than play mediocre baseball and miss the playoffs again.

These high priced free agents at least sets some floor which is more negative than positive.

Look at what the Red Sox did last year and trade off all the tradeble pieces and rebuild and not they are back to being one of the best teams this year.

Pujols and Hamilton is untradeable.  Get rid of CJ Wilson, Vargas, and Hanson for some future pieces.

I would rather the team tank completely rather than play mediocre baseball and miss the playoffs again.

These high priced free agents at least sets some floor which is more negative than positive.

Look at what the Red Sox did last year and trade off all the tradeble pieces and rebuild and not they are back to being one of the best teams this year.

Pujols and Hamilton is untradeable. Get rid of CJ Wilson, Vargas, and Hanson for some future pieces.

Vargas and Hanson are set to FA anyways after this season i believe

I actually like the idea of trading CJ. Although this should only be considered at the trade deadline if the Angels are 10+ games out of a WC spot.

He could probably net a couple of "decent" prospects from an NL team.

He will go to the Giants, Braves, or the Reds, be 8-0 in the playoffs, and win game 7 of the WS...against the Rangers.

The bats are fine. The problem is and will continue to be the pitching

rotation is crap, pen is crap, minor league pitching depth is crap. Don't know how long it will take them to fix all of this, but it has to be soon because Pujols and Hamilton will only be getting older and worse