• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Hurricane Matthew

2 hours ago, cezero said:

One model shows its heart going up the coast of Florida, Georgia, and South Carolina, and then rotating back down south and hitting Florida again. 

that would be a first for me to see. didn't even know it was possible for a hurricane to double back. 

Working in the construction industry, we profit from natural disasters such as this (disaster knocks it down, we have the tools and equipment to clean and build back up).  That is why one vendor one called me the Prince of Schadenfreude.  Our Atlanta branch has been stockpiling equipment and supplies to help contractors dig out from whatever may come of this.  That said, I hope people are paying attention and evacuating.  And are current on their insurance

11 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

Sadly, thoughts of Hurricane Andrew from 1992 are creeping in.   May Matthew fizzle out quickly enough. 

The problem is that this storm is as strong as Andrew, and will hit most of the major populated areas in the state. It has the potential to be catastrophic.

I talked to my sister about four hours ago. She was already on duty, said that she is there until Saturday night. The rest of the family has gone to Pensacola.

I can't stand weathermen. They are rarely right (El Nino in CA) and have little to no consequences or accountability when they're wrong. 

But after watching this guy, they seem to be taking it a bit more seriously than they typically do. Yeesh! Hope people aren't dumb enough to stay. 

This guy seems pretty serious too. 

5 hours ago, Blarg said:

Some people need reality slapped in their face before they act. 

My sister said last night that part of the problem is that local news people have been overly dramatic in response to previous weather systems, and then nothing happened. They are having trouble getting people to take them seriously now as a result.

This was shot in suburban Jacksonville about 24 hours ago.

14568219_10210854886796088_3423302531949

1 hour ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

My sister said last night that part of the problem is that local news people have been overly dramatic in response to previous weather systems, and then nothing happened. They are having trouble getting people to take them seriously now as a result.

This was shot in suburban Jacksonville about 24 hours ago.

14568219_10210854886796088_3423302531949

The hell is that? Clouds, rainfall? Tsunami?