• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Tyler Skaggs

" Previous TJS?: This is a count of how many times the pitcher has gone under the knife. While only a small percentage of pitchers have Tommy John Surgery in their career, it strongly predicts a second surgery. Since 2010, there have been 10,000+ pitchers in the majors and minors combined. In that time, about 560 pitchers in the minors and majors have had TJS, and 57 were repeats. So the ratio of MLB and MiLB players to TJS victims is about 5%, but the repeat rate is over 10%. In other words, TJS begets more TJS. "

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2016/02/predicting-tommy-john-surgeries.html

Let's hope the news is better than that, hey? It really feels like we've been here before though - http://www.latimes.com/sports/sportsnow/la-sp-sn-angels-tyler-skaggs-disabled-list-20140801-story.html

9 minutes ago, wopphil said:

Could just be that his arm is tired from throwing so much for the first time in two years. Seems unlikely he'd need another TJS so soon after the first.

I dunno, I'm recalling I think an A's pitcher and a Braves pitcher or two who needed a second TJ before they had even returned from the first. Jarrod Parker and either Beachy or Medlen? Can't quite recall.

This really sucks. Hopefully it's just fatigue and Tyler being very aware and cautious, as he should be. We can't afford to have pitchers (especially Skaggs, Richards, Shoe, or Meyer) try and hide or push aside any symptoms or issues right now, and that's why I'm advocating signing a durable innings-eater get SP for next season. 

42 minutes ago, wopphil said:

Could just be that his arm is tired from throwing so much for the first time in two years. Seems unlikely he'd need another TJS so soon after the first.

In a season that tanked so quickly I asked in a post 2 months ago what the rush was to bring him back this season. Got some interesting responses. 

47 minutes ago, totdprods said:

I dunno, I'm recalling I think an A's pitcher and a Braves pitcher or two who needed a second TJ before they had even returned from the first. Jarrod Parker and either Beachy or Medlen? Can't quite recall.

I think both Beachy and Medlen had 2....as the articles linked above indicate, it happens...