• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Most Valuable Player American League

http://www.si.com/mlb/2016/08/25/awards-watch-mvp-cy-young-rookie-of-the-year-mike-trout-danny-duffy

1. Mike Trout, CF, Angels (2)
Season Stats: .312/.430/.553 (170 OPS+), 24 HR, 78 RBIs, 96 R, 241 TB, 21 SB (84%)
Last Two Weeks: .314/.500/.629, 3 HR, 4 RBIs, 22 TB

2. Jose Altuve, 2B, Astros (1)
Season Stats: .361/.422/.571 (171 OPS+), 20 HR, 84 RBIs, 90 R, 285 TB, 26 SB (79%)
Last Two Weeks: .356/.381/.576, 1 HR, 16 RBIs, 34 TB

Having closed the gap at the plate over the last two weeks, Trout moves back in front this week on the strength of his superior fielding and base running. It seems likely that these two will trade places a few more times in September before one of them ultimately takes home this award.

Too bad Sports Illustrated doesn't get to pick the winner. Trout being on a last place team and with Jose hitting around .360 doesn't seem like a hard choice. Donaldson can't be ruled out either. I doubt Trout even gets second place this year.

3 hours ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2016/08/bryce-harper-ejected-furious-umpire-argue-helmet-nationals

Another thing that separates Harper and Trout. Temper tantrums.

true. that pitch may have missed outside, but it was extremely close. no way you can take that with 2 strikes and think you're not going to get rung up at least half the time.

10 minutes ago, ScottyA_MWAH said:

I wouldn't rule out Mookie Betts either. If the idiotic and archaic belief that being on a winning team is the only criteria for the MVP conversation, Trout would've won 3 MVP's already and would win his 4th this year.

Would it make the fans happy if Trout wins another 4-5 MVP awards coupled with no playoff wins during that span?

not sure why folks insist on continuing this Harper vs. Trout debate stuff.

was at a  Nats- Giants game at AT&T a few weeks ago and saw Harper play. He was hitting then (and perhaps now) about .237.

He looked awful at the plate - struck out once looking really terrible and his other ABs were nothing to write home about.

Why people insist on comparing these two players when, really, there's no comparison.  And not just because I'm a Halos fan, but really, by any standard, the two players names don't belong in the same sentence together..........Trout is so far superior not just this season -- but , truly, at this relatively early point in his career -- Trout has already achieved inclusion on the list of all - time players and will only move up that list in the next ten years (plus) -- I don't think Harper is at that level yet, if ever.

Also -- if I had to name to the top ten players (all players, position players & pitchers) in MLB right now, today -- Trout tops the list........Altuve or Kershaw might be second -- and I'm not even sure Harper makes the list. 

Trout also makes, if not tops, the list of the top MLB players (still active) over the past ten years -- including this season -- which would include retiring or near retirement guys like David Ortiz, Ichiro - I'd include Kershaw -- and there's others -- Harper may not make that list either.

Murphy of the Nats is the Washington player I'd want on my team -- not Harper.

20 minutes ago, DoubleOffTheWall said:

If trout were on a competent organization, he would be in line for probably his 3rd mvp. He would pretty much be on a Jordan trajectory. Instead, he will still just have the 1. The angels ruined his career. 

you must not be familiar with the beginning of Jordan's career.  

His first three years, the bulls had losing records.  He won his first MVP in his fourth full season and didn't win it again until his 7th season when the bulls won the championship.  

Also, trying to compare the impact of one baseball player on their team relative to a basketball player for theirs is apples to oranges.