• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Senator’s Daughter Who Raised Prices on Anti-Allergy EpiPen

Bresch, 47, has been CEO of Mylan since 2012 and previously held other senior posts at the company, including as head of government relations. Last year, she had to defend the company after it moved its corporate address overseas to lower its U.S. taxes in a transaction known as an inversion. Now incorporated in the Netherlands, its principal executive office is in Canonsburg, Pennsylvania.

Greed in the pharmaceutical industry is just amazing. Hopefully EpiPen is bumped off the market by competitors willing to sell at the previous rate. It would be justice if they completely lose market share and have to either roll back pricing or go out of business. Going out of business just means the executives raid the cash supplies before bailing.  

By the way, for every one drug or item like this that is reported, there are thousands that aren't.  ACA just empowered RX companies and medical groups to charge as much as they want because they can get it from insurance companies that are forced to pay it.

I found this Epipen situation crazy, since my company uses so much of it. To save money, we draw up a syringe so it is ready to use. Mylan is one of the biggest shitbag companies out there. Check out my price vs the shit they are reporting. This is right from drug distributor, so there is a markup:

• Hospira
  • Mfr# 724101
  • EPINEPHRINE, AMP 1MG/ML 1ML 1 :1,000 (25/PK)

Alpha- and Beta-Adrenergic Agonist Epinephrine 1 mg / mL (1:1000) Injection Ampule 1 mL

• In stock, ships from your local warehouse
561521.jpg561521.jpg
Actual Product May Vary. See Product Specifications for more detailed information.
  • 5,120+

Features

• Glass ampule
  • The solution contains no bacteriostat or antimicrobial agent
  • It is administered by the following routes: intravenous, intracardiac (left ventricular chamber), via endotracheal tube into the bronchial tree, subcutaneous or intramuscular

Container Type

Strength Options

Volume Options

•  
  •  

That must be one expensive auto-injector!!

1 hour ago, Blarg said:

There has to be a competitor that can undercut these assholes by a huge amount. 

This, to me, is the most serious problem

57 minutes ago, Adam said:

This is the really disgusting thing. I am not surprised that one person or one company would act like a douche. I am-- well, not surprised, but disgusted that the government (and an un-elected arm of the government, no less) allows shitty people/companies to have a defacto monopoly over something like this. 

Mylan pharma is a scumbag operation. They have done this with a number of other products. They buy up any generic competition, and then shut them down.

We have seen Doxycycline IV prices go from $27 for a box of 10 vials to $325 in just 3 years. There used to be four companies making it, now, oddly, Mylan is the only one.

Early 2015, I was paying $13/vial for Ascorbic Acid injectable. It is now $95....

Same with Rifampin for injection. $29/vial three years ago. Mylan enters the market, and within a year, all competitors are out. Priced at $189 today.

Unbelievable what they get away with. Where are the antitrust laws now?

4 hours ago, NJHalo said:

Mylan pharma is a scumbag operation. They have done this with a number of other products. They buy up any generic competition, and then shut them down.

We have seen Doxycycline IV prices go from $27 for a box of 10 vials to $325 in just 3 years. There used to be four companies making it, now, oddly, Mylan is the only one.

Early 2015, I was paying $13/vial for Ascorbic Acid injectable. It is now $95....

Same with Rifampin for injection. $29/vial three years ago. Mylan enters the market, and within a year, all competitors are out. Priced at $189 today.

Unbelievable what they get away with. Where are the antitrust laws now?

maybe the horrible publicity she's getting from being an a-hole with the EpiPen will get the ball rolling on getting this dooshbag under control. 

*apologies in advance to english cop for this horrible sentence. i'll accept your punishment, whatever it may be.

26 minutes ago, Kurt Swanson said:

Martin Shkreli said he sees no problem with this.....no he really did. 

“Mylan is the good guy. They had one product, and they finally started making a little bit of money and everyone is going crazy over it,” said Shkreli. “Like I said, it’s $300 a pack. $300. My iPhone is $700. ... It’s $300 and 90 percent of Americans are insured.”

This guy HAS to be trolling everyone.

14 hours ago, mtangelsfan said:

Wait, I thought Obamacare fixed all of this stuff?

No?

Shocking.

I have a friend who entered med school in 2011, and we had very interesting conversations while Obama Care was being put into affect. He told me that most doctors didn't have time to really think about the impact of the law, and that most were just unsure of what was going to happen. There was (and still is) a LOT of anxiety about what is going to happen to healthcare. 

He leans slightly to the left (Libertarian for the most part, actually, but is one of those people who believe in the unicorn of an efficiently run government program), but after a few times going over the pros and cons, we both decided one thing: for something called the Affordable Care Act, it did almost nothing to make care more affordable for the people who are going to be paying for it. It should have been called "The Great Insurance Mandate Gamble." 

And THAT is what killed me the most. the ACA could have been great. It could have addressed the outrageous costs of medications in hospitals, it could have made it easier to make competitive drugs, they could have done something to address the rising cost of attending medical school... and a whole lot more. Instead, we get this. 

1 hour ago, ScruffytheJanitor said:

I have a friend who entered med school in 2011, and we had very interesting conversations while Obama Care was being put into affect. He told me that most doctors didn't have time to really think about the impact of the law, and that most were just unsure of what was going to happen. There was (and still is) a LOT of anxiety about what is going to happen to healthcare. 

He leans slightly to the left (Libertarian for the most part, actually, but is one of those people who believe in the unicorn of an efficiently run government program), but after a few times going over the pros and cons, we both decided one thing: for something called the Affordable Care Act, it did almost nothing to make care more affordable for the people who are going to be paying for it. It should have been called "The Great Insurance Mandate Gamble." 

And THAT is what killed me the most. the ACA could have been great. It could have addressed the outrageous costs of medications in hospitals, it could have made it easier to make competitive drugs, they could have done something to address the rising cost of attending medical school... and a whole lot more. Instead, we get this. 

But if the goal is to usher in a single payer system it wasn't supposed to work and I'm guessing most pro-progress folks are okay with the means and methods to expedite that process.