• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Nats release Papelgoon.

8 hours ago, SlappyUtilityMIF said:

Could he help the bullpen this year and next? Allow us to deal Street? 

Or, is his douchieness too much?

***Papelbon had a 2.56 ERA on July 26, but in his next five appearances, he allowed eight earned runs in 3 1/3 innings. After the team acquired Melancon, Papelbon was primarily used for mop-up duty.***

Thoughts?.... 

The fact he attacked Bryce Harper is enough to make me not want him on the same team as Trout.  Seriously I don't want anybody who might injure an Angel player by losing his temper.

MLB Network had an analysis of him earlier today. Most of his meaningful statistics this season are career worsts, and he has lost a significant amount of velocity off his fastball, which was his out pitch. A contending team who could limit his exposure in games could possibly use him. His contract ends this season, so he's either going to suck and be out of the game, or he will pitch barely well enough for someone to invite him to spring training on a minor league contract. I really don't expect more than that. I cannot imagine why the Angels would pick him up, because his only purpose in signing here would be to audition for someone else for next season. All of the signs are pointing in the wrong direction.

Yes, he is an insufferable douche, but there are plenty of other reasons to say no.

Feels like we are reaching a point where teams, league-wide, are starting to turn a corner and will cut vets/big-name players much quicker than usual, regardless of the money eaten. It had been trending this way awhile, and there were always examples here or there, but it seems like it's really come to a head this season.