• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Vacation Ideas

31 minutes ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

We stayed in all all inclusive in Tulum (Dreams Tulum) and it was terrific. The ancient Mayan city was a short bus trip from our hotel, and there are at least four restaurants to choose from. Great beach, and you don't have to deal with the spring break party type atmosphere.

We stayed at La Zebra years ago. There were a number of resorts along the beach we could have picked, a number of them looked fantastic. La Zebra was right on the beach...literally. One cabana was 30-40 yards from the ocean. At least back then Tulum had a lot of development restrictions, buildings couldn't be over a certain height and they couldn't run power...so the hotels had to rely on solar power, wind power, etc....which definitely limits the size.

There are also a number of cenotes in the area and we were able to get around by taxi pretty easily. We ended up hiring a taxi for the day who took us to Chichen Itza (before the crowds arrived!), Valladolid, and a number of cenotes. Think it was about $100 for the day.

We also stayed in Playa del Carmen for a few days, we enjoyed it but definitely not as much as Tulum. 

2 hours ago, red321 said:

We ended up hiring a taxi for the day who took us to Chichen Itza (before the crowds arrived!), 

We had pre-booked a bus trip to Chichen Itza, but my wife got a case of Montezuma's revenge and we wound up spending the day at the hotel in the medical clinic.

When we checked into the hotel, when you walked out into the courtyard, to the right were the buildings with the rooms, and about 50 yards to the left, you walked into the Gulf of Mexico.

i did an all inclusive in cancun year and a half ago.

place was called Luxury Bahia Principe Sian Ka'an. It was great, very posh and the spa and restaurants were fantastic. its like 4 sister resorts and they have little golf cart to take you between them whenever you want.

its adults only, we didnt want to be surrounded by a bunch of kids running around. but that meant it was more older rich golfer crowd so we were the youngsters.

so we did spa and food at that one, and partied at the one on the beach with the 20s-30s crowd (there were kids but they weren't as bad as i thought they would be).

but cabo is way better. 

On 7/29/2016 at 6:44 PM, calscuf said:

When Red mentioned Tulum, I'm thinking he wasn't suggesting the all-inclusive.

I was not...we tend to move around too much. Even if we stay at a hotel for a week we usually don't spend more than a day or two on property during the day (this is actually a point of negotiation with the wife at times...we usually do 1 day hanging out, a day or two sightseeing/photographing, another day hanging out, etc). I'd rather get out and experience the local area rather than just sit on the pool and beach...I live in California, I can drive 15 minutes and do that.

We just got back from Province and Barcelona. I enjoyed Barcelona, but I must say, it was very crowded and very touristy...I likened it to Disneyland at times. Long lines, crowded streets...etc. If you are spending time there, do some research ahead of time and book tickets ahead of time for things like La Sagrada Familia. La Sagrada Familia is amazing, absolutely amazing...visit in the late afternoon (400 or so) and plan to spend a few hours. if you want, book one of the facade's, gives you a nice view of the skyline and construction. We also took a photo walking tour, which gave us some insights in to the various neighborhoods.

Personally, when we go back to Spain, I'll probably skip Barcelona. I think there are some great things to see, but I think it's the tourist version of Spain and we would have enjoyed visiting places like Madrid, Costa Brava, San Sebastian, Grenada, more. If you want some specifics shoot me a note.

Province and Aix-en-Province, a 4 hour train ride...I would go back to either of those places in a heart beat.

8 hours ago, notherhalo said:

anyone know a good country to visit outside S. Africa?

I heard Madagascar is disappointing and was thinking Mauritius.  Ive only seen the wikipedia page, and I kinda just looked at the pictures but it looks badass.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mauritius

Tehran, Iran