• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What are you looking forward to seeing in the 2nd half of the season?

Chuck

10 hours ago, WeatherWonk said:

Scioscia finally shown the door.

Of course, in the Moreno MO, Scioscia goes to the D-backs as manager.........and Arte pays for a part of his salary through 2018.

Well if Scioscia is shown the door Arte will be paying his entire contract through 2018.  

Trout stays healthy and wins MVP

Cowart and Bandy get their chance and do well

Shoe, Trop, Santiago and Skaggs pitch well giving the Angels hope for 2017.

Richards actually doesn't need Tommy John and comes back giving the Angels more hope for 2017

Thaiss and Jones continue to put up awesome numbers giving the Angels farm system some hope

Arte falls off his yacht and new owner hires Bud Black

Weaver finishes off the season at home pitching a complete game shut out denying the Astros a playoff spot and fans give him an hour standing ovation thanking him for all the great years of being their Ace.

(reloads pipe, takes more puffs)  ....don't Bogart that....aw yes...the remedy to a long season

2 hours ago, ksangel said:

Trout stays healthy and wins MVP

Cowart and Bandy get their chance and do well

Shoe, Trop, Santiago and Skaggs pitch well giving the Angels hope for 2017.

Richards actually doesn't need Tommy John and comes back giving the Angels more hope for 2017

Thaiss and Jones continue to put up awesome numbers giving the Angels farm system some hope

Arte falls off his yacht and new owner hires Bud Black

Weaver finishes off the season at home pitching a complete game shut out denying the Astros a playoff spot and fans give him an hour standing ovation thanking him for all the great years of being their Ace.

(reloads pipe, takes more puffs)  ....don't Bogart that....aw yes...the remedy to a long season

I forgot to add Trop in my original post. 

Totally agree with you on all points. 

I would like to see some deals made to rid the team of some dead weight with big contracts. And receive some real talent back. And see some results in the next 6-7 weeks that show this years draft was really good. These 2 things, along with more improvements in the off season to fill all the holes on the roster. This would give me back my sense of optimism going into next season.

21 hours ago, cezero said:

didn't eppler say that rebuilding isn't in the halo's dna

it certainly doesn't seem to be moreno's mo

Yep because our owner Arte Moreno is a clone of Al Davis & is in win now mode until Arte turns senile & starts making them bench star players followed by him passing on a few years later & his heirs take over as owners & finally bring on the rebuild.

Chuck's predictions from a few days ago are interesting -- clearly posted before today's (July 15) LA TIMES article in which Scioscia insists that the Halos (16 and a half games back, clearly headed for a 95-100 loss season) are 'still in it' and won't necessarily be 'Sellers' over the next two weeks.

So, we have Scioscia at the tiller of the Titantic here and even though there's time to change course, he's plowing straight ahead.........

Does this really mean no trade of Santiago, perhaps Smith, Escobar and Calhoun?

Don't dis-like Calhoun but let's be honest folks, we don't have much of value and he's a guy that could really help a team.......would trade Street but his value may be zero now that he's truly damaged goods........C.J. Wilson ? he's fallen so far off the table -- all that's left is for the Halos to pay for his season ending operation so he can rehab on someone else's dime.

as for Calhoun -- but was floating the idea this morning with a SF GIants buddy of mine of Calhoun to the Giants who could use a bat and an OF'er -- Calhoun - good team guy would fit in well with the Giants type of play -- and we could get a couple of AA pitching prospects back -- one pretty good, one second tier........perhaps they could even throw in the oft-injured Angel Pagan to us as a rental and we could try to sign him to a one year incentive laden deal for 2017.......Angel and Angel -- I like it and when he's healthy (which is fairly spotty over the past three years) he not only produces but his mere presence in the line up / on the field makes his team better and they win.......

At this point of his career, the injury plagued Pagan is more of a platoon OF/ DH type -- runs the bases well when healthy........again, he's be a rental and then, if signed, a stop gap for 2017 and maybe 2018 re-building years......plus two prospect arms which we really need in the system,

Meanwhile, Calhoun could really help the Giants vs. the Cubs and Nats (Mets?) in the playoffs........

bottom line we have to get Skaggs some MLB limited pitch starts, Shoemaker as well (I don't think he gets dealt -- too many problems - although teams are desperate for Starting pitching help)........we have to have a real plan for the second half -- what Scioscia said in today's LA TIMES is not it, IMO.

On 7/13/2016 at 0:31 PM, Chuckster70 said:

Besides the Angels winning ball games, here's mine:

• Mike Trout (duh). But to expand on that, I'd love to see him post a .1000 OPS with a 30/30 season. I think this is well within his grasp if he keeps this up on the base paths. (15 SB's)
  • Shoemaker, Skaggs & Santiago have a great second half (especially if we're not going to trade Santiago).
  • Trade Escobar for a good pitching or outfield prospect.
  • Huston Street reels off a bunch of save opportunities, lowers his ERA, boosts his trade value. 
  • Acquire a young active or close prospect left fielder at or before the deadline.
  • Watch Bandy and hope he continues to be productive at the plate and stellar behind the dish.
  • Nate Smith gets promoted and holds his own in his first taste of the big leagues.
  • Lincecum pitch well over the next few starts, boosting his trade value for the deadline or in August. 
  • Jered Weaver finish his career with a bang, delivering a bunch of quality starts. 
  • Albert Pujols finishes with a respectable slash line and hit 25+ HR, 100 RBI.
  • Bedrosian grabs the closer job by the horns and doesn't let go. We find a gem on the current roster or farm system to be our setup man. 
  • C.J. Cron & Garrett Richards come back sooner than expected and finish off the season strong. (reloads pipe, takes more puffs)
  • Andrelton Simmons continues to hit better while wooing his critics with his incredible defense. 
  • Our draft class and some key prospects have a great end to the season, boosting their prospect value. 

The 1st half of the 2017 season.

I agree that if a full rebuild takes more than five years we would lose Trout assuming Trout doesn't want to be a one team guy.  Also if the team is on the brink of being a very good team he could stick around.  Lastly, Arte could just decide to make Trout an offer he can't refuse.