• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels on pace for 69-93 season

1 hour ago, Troll Daddy said:

We all know that 'on pace' means jack shit. They could only win 49 games for all we know. 

If the Angels start casting off talent as some have suggested, the end result may fall short of even this dismal projection. It isn't beyond the realm of possibility that this team could lose 100 games.

2 hours ago, hangin n wangin said:

It's ok. Where are the overly optimistic fans that said we aren't out of it and still think we have a chance? What's our magic number? We still have 80 something games left.

Seriously though, it bugs the fuck out of me when people are positive just to be positive, especially in a situation where there is no merit to be. I like realism. And realistically, this team sucks and is in trouble. I can't think of much to be positive about beside trout and Calhoun.

It's a lame cop-out since we all obviously care more about this team than the normal person, but it is just a game afterall. It has no serious effect on any of our lives. People have more important things to be negative about.

Also, everyone knows this is a bad team. Some just don't feel like worrying about it or letting it bother them. Being negative about it isn't going to change a thing, so you might as well get as much enjoyment out of it as you can.

41 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Taylor Ward, worst 1st round pick since?  What fool scout thought this was a solid MLB prospect?  Same guy that thought Baldoquin was?

CJ Cron, maybe? And then there's the trainwreck that was the 2010 draft, with five dud first round picks. OK, Cowart and Bedrosian still have a chance of being something, but still a terrible draft.

1 hour ago, Angelsjunky said:

CJ Cron, maybe? And then there's the trainwreck that was the 2010 draft, with five dud first round picks. OK, Cowart and Bedrosian still have a chance of being something, but still a terrible draft.

Ric Wilson is like someone who uses Five Top5 1st round picks on Kwame Brown clones(NBA) or 5 Alexandre Daigle Clones (NHL).

9 minutes ago, Scioscia4MVP said:

Even the RedSox have had a 90+ loss season in recent history, the Angels should be able to do it too & re-fill the farm system with something other than Tyler Wards.

Yup, and just a couple years ago an injury riddled Rangers team (like the Angels) went 67-95.

1 hour ago, tdawg87 said:

It's a lame cop-out since we all obviously care more about this team than the normal person, but it is just a game afterall. It has no serious effect on any of our lives. People have more important things to be negative about.

Also, everyone knows this is a bad team. Some just don't feel like worrying about it or letting it bother them. Being negative about it isn't going to change a thing, so you might as well get as much enjoyment out of it as you can.

This season is actually the calmest I've been on here in years.  

It's a suck fest plain and simple, and it's not going to get any better until the farm improves significantly and Arte Moreno spends again (smart spending, not Hackilton spending) after 2017.

21 minutes ago, Billy_Ball said:

Yup, and just a couple years ago an injury riddled Rangers team (like the Angels) went 67-95.

and they were able to restock their already rich farm system. Hopefully between now & the 2017 draft, Eppler hires a scouting director with a Great eye for talent.

With what they've had in the past 5 years they might as well had drafted according to mock draft websites instead of having a scouting director during those past 5 drafts.

26 minutes ago, Kevin said:

Just don't lose 100 games. I like the distinction of being the only MLB that hasn't reached the century mark in that category. 

Honestly I was looking forward to road to 100 loss threads. 

This team is frustrating but hopefully someone in the organization will comprehend that this is NOT the way to build an organization and change accordingly.  

13 hours ago, fan_since79 said:

Look at it this way, tickets are going to be very cheap come August when we're 25 or more games out. 

I'll be looking for some Field Box seats behind the dugout. Enjoy the evening air, some good food that I'll bring in, and catch a foul ball maybe. Oh, and watch a little baseball. 

I haven't been able to sit down there since the 90's. Great times for poor fans! Exactly the type Art wants to attract to the stadium! Thanks!

40 minutes ago, hangin n wangin said:

That's true dude. And it is just a game. And the Angels sucking this year really hasn't bothered me and I don't worry about it. I just don't watch or go to games. I follow the rest of the league. I guess it's still not in my nature to be positive about something just for the sake of it. There is really nothing to be positive about the Angels. I'm not the type of person to say delusional things like "we still have a chance", when it's clear we don't. 

But to each their own.

Then it is a good thing you weren't Commander and Chief right after the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor.

1 hour ago, hangin n wangin said:

That's true dude. And it is just a game. And the Angels sucking this year really hasn't bothered me and I don't worry about it. I just don't watch or go to games. I follow the rest of the league. I guess it's still not in my nature to be positive about something just for the sake of it. There is really nothing to be positive about the Angels. I'm not the type of person to say delusional things like "we still have a chance", when it's clear we don't. 

But to each their own.

But you are the kind that get pissed off when people are positive.  It's cool cuz I get pissed when people say we've sucked since 2009, when clearly we haven't sucked just haven't been great.  

16 hours ago, Quinlanforthewin said:

Uh, what young guys? 

Not a lot of them but Marte and Bandy for sure...more of Bedrosian if we trade Smith and/or Street....Cowart maybe if Escobar is traded....Skaggs if he can get healthy.....maybe fit Choi in somewhere if he continues to hit at SLC....if he can continue to pitch well at SLC, maybe Nate Smith....and any minor leaguers acquired in trades who are ready for a shot....