• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Will the Angels ever retire another player's number?

Taylor

The thread about Jered Weaver possibly retiring at the end of the year got me thinking ... when will the Angels finally retire another player's number? Tim Salmon's No. 15 is a no-brainer, but what about Garret Anderson's No. 16? Troy Percival's No. 40? 

It surprises me that they still haven't retired Salmon's number.

26 minutes ago, LooneyPlatoons said:

If Vlad gets into the HOF does he get his number retired?  If Trout gets into the HOF do we hang two 27's up?  I always thought it was weird that when Vlad left someone else got his number pretty quickly yet nobody wears #15 anymore

Honestly I see Vlad going into the HoF wearing an Expos cap, The Yankees have retired the same number twice ( #8 - Dickey, Berra and #42 Rivera, and Jackie Robinson) so I wouldn't be opposed to #27 eventually being retired twice. I'm honestly still waiting for them to retire #15, but the origination says that retiring numbers are more aligned to being inducted into the HoF, than just franchise achievements. 

1 hour ago, LooneyPlatoons said:

If Vlad gets into the HOF does he get his number retired?  If Trout gets into the HOF do we hang two 27's up?  I always thought it was weird that when Vlad left someone else got his number pretty quickly yet nobody wears #15 anymore

The Yankees have 2 numbers retired twice.  Of Vlad goes in the HOF as an Angel #27 will be retired twice.

1 hour ago, John Taylor said:

Honestly I see Vlad going into the HoF wearing an Expos cap, The Yankees have retired the same number twice ( #8 - Dickey, Berra and #42 Rivera, and Jackie Robinson) so I wouldn't be opposed to #27 eventually being retired twice. I'm honestly still waiting for them to retire #15, but the origination says that retiring numbers are more aligned to being inducted into the HoF, than just franchise achievements. 

We can just start a tradition of giving our best players the #27.

5 hours ago, Taylor said:

The thread about Jered Weaver possibly retiring at the end of the year got me thinking ... when will the Angels finally retire another player's number? Tim Salmon's No. 15 is a no-brainer, but what about Garret Anderson's No. 16? Troy Percival's No. 40? 

It surprises me that they still haven't retired Salmon's number.

What about Don Baylor's No. 25?  His had a monster season in 1979, was the club's first MVP award winner and led the Angels their first  AL West title.

16 hours ago, John Stellman said:

What about Don Baylor's No. 25?  His had a monster season in 1979, was the club's first MVP award winner and led the Angels their first  AL West title.

Baylor was a free agent and didn't stay that long on the Angels.