• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Should Ichiro's hits in the NBL (Japan) count towards the all time hit record?

Doesn't the NBA count ABA stats?  OK, it's not really the same thing but it is one league counting another leagues stats.  What I find interesting is DR J. is 6th all time in scoring with ABA stats included but plummets to 63 if ABA stats are not counted.  

His numbers his first 5 years in MLB were better than his last 5 in Japan. Inform probably would have been in the majors by age 20. He was MVP his first year in MLB at age 27. He missed probably 4 of his best years by playing Japan. I think if he started in MLB he would have 1200 more hits .

2 hours ago, jh82 said:

Doesn't the NBA count ABA stats?  OK, it's not really the same thing but it is one league counting another leagues stats.  What I find interesting is DR J. is 6th all time in scoring with ABA stats included but plummets to 63 if ABA stats are not counted.  

It'd be a lot more like the NBA counting D League stats.

I haven't seen anyone suggest that Ichiro should actually get the record, which would be silly. You have to have your hits in the major leagues to count toward the record of most hits in the major leagues. 

The debate is more about the phrase "Hit King" or "how much to celebrate." That is a ridiculous debate because those are both intangible, immeasurable things. Is Hit King some legal designation that goes on your drivers license and only one person on earth is allowed to have it?

Yesterday I asked Mike Scioscia who was better, just to see what he'd say. He said you can't compare them because they did different things well, but both were great. Seems good enough for me. 

On 6/13/2016 at 7:54 PM, TaTaToohie said:

Ichiro is only 4 hits away from Rose's all time hits record. That being said, should his hits in the Nippon Baseball League count towards the all time record? 

My cousin and I were talking about this and he made a good point: Ichiro should be called the all time Hit King, but not the record holder due to the hits being from a different league.

-Discuss-

Does the hits and statistical records of the Negro leagues, minor leagues, or Latin Leagues count as well?

Since Hank has fewer home runs than the above three, perhaps he could be the most popular "Homer King"? Well except for those that think the Babe is the most popular.

Or, the Babe could be the most frequent Homer King because he set his record with three or four thousand fewer at bats than Hank?????

I think I may have hit upon a solution for this dilemma and a way for Rose to keep his title as the "Hit King".

Simply, Ichiro will become the "Combined Hit King" and Rose can remain the "Hit King".

Of course despite both being great players, neither one of these guys is the best hitter in professional baseball history, but maybe it will make them and their fans feel better.

Thoughts??

49 minutes ago, Angels#1Fan said:

I think I may have hit upon a solution for this dilemma and a way for Rose to keep his title as the "Hit King".

What does that even mean "keep his title as Hit King?"

What the heck is a "title" for practical purposes?

This is all just imaginary nonsense.

16 minutes ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

What does that even mean "keep his title as Hit King?"

What the heck is a "title" for practical purposes?

This is all just imaginary nonsense.

Jeff, Rose has dubbed himself as the "Hit King". Of course It doesn't mean anything. lol Just like the "Combined Hit King " doesn't mean anything. lol

The only thing that is real here is that Pete Rose holds the record for most hits in MLB history. The rest of this stuff is bs.

btw..it was just a shot at a little humor.

4 hours ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

Yesterday I asked Mike Scioscia who was better, just to see what he'd say. He said you can't compare them because they did different things well, but both were great. Seems good enough for me. 

Mike Scioscia still won't give straight answers to the media, even when the question is about something completely unrelated to the Angels.