• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Alvarez

I swear this dude only pitches well when we are up or down by a lot. I remember a lot of games this year and last where he comes in and we are down but the game is close and by the time he leaves, the game is out of reach. I can't stand the guy and will never understand why he is used in close games. Or ever for that matter. Bring up someone else *end rant*

Because our starters suck and we pitch four guys every single game (14th consecutive game with 4 plus pitchers) and a lot of those games are close.  If they aren't then in the previous game we pitched them all.  Lastly coming into this game he'd pitched over 10 straight scoreless innings.  He's the typical looks worse than his numbers, kinda like Salas.  

2 minutes ago, OregonLAA said:

Yesterday counted as a scoreless inning but he gave up a huge hit with inherited runners and there was enough damage done. If he doesn't do that, the Angels win last night.

I agree.  Yesterday was a game where you could point a ton of fingers.  How bout our catcher having to play 3rd base and our DH that was playing 1st base missed a lousy throw from the catcher/3rd baseman.

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

I agree.  Yesterday was a game where you could point a ton of fingers.  How bout our catcher having to play 3rd base and our DH that was playing 1st base missed a lousy throw from the catcher/3rd baseman.

Again, if it was a bad throw he would of gotten the error. FYI Cron is our first baseman and he got the error. 

Get the story straight 

39 minutes ago, Troll Daddy said:

Again, if it was a bad throw he would of gotten the error. FYI Cron is our first baseman and he got the error. 

Get the story straight 

It was obviously a bad throw, he had all day and threw it ten feet short, it was a shit throw that was catchable on a bounce, go troll somewhere else.  

• 4 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Dochalo said:

It's not just one guy out of the pen.  It's like a collection of guys with #6 starter stuff.  

Which is interesting about the evolution of the bullpen.... It started due to pitchers who couldn't pitch complete games and were actually teams 5th or 6th best starters as most teams went with 4 man rotations. And now its specialty guys! 

Alvarez has value = cheap, left handed, and can stretch out into a longer relief outing if needed.

Is he ideal not really~