• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Too much focus on the pitching

This doesn't help either....      http://espn.go.com/mlb/player/stats/_/id/4574/albert-pujols    and so does losing your SS.

But, our offense has forced our pitching staff to be perfect and they aren't that either individually or as a group!

Good to Solid = Possibly 

Excellent to Lights Out = Not likely

Edited by SlappyUtilityMIF

The Angels have surrendered 5+ runs in 7 of the last 10 games.  They have lost all 7.

Doesn't matter what the offense does, teams rarely win games when they surrender 5 games.  Pitching is absolutely the problem.

To put it into perspective, last year, only one team in MLB averaged 5 runs against last year.  The Rockies.

Edited by nate

2 hours ago, Torridd said:

Maybe Shoe still has some kinks, but we left a lot of baserunners. Maybe management should try to get one more decent bat in the lineup rather than being so concerned with the rotation. It looks like a good thing they got rid of Choi, but Nava really has to start doing something to justify his at-bats.

I listened to the Cardinals broadcast the last two games to get another opinion on the team and they thought Shoemaker had all the tools but put too many pitches where the hitters could hurt him.  The results speak for themselves.

3 minutes ago, California Cajun said:

I listened to the Cardinals broadcast the last two games to get another opinion on the team and they thought Shoemaker had all the tools but put too many pitches where the hitters could hurt him.  The results speak for themselves.

Again, paging Dr. Nagy?

55 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

The offense is filled with a bunch of guys who are generally under performing.  

The starting staff is filled with a bunch of guys who lack talent.  

I would argue strongly that the offense has plenty of guys who aren't good enough to be MLB starters.

1 hour ago, GrittyVeterans said:

They have like 3 maybe 4 productive players on the entire team (including the bullpen). They need talent any position they can get it

No, we need offense. I don't think there's anything more demoralizing than losing these types of games. How much you bet they score for Weaver, who seems to loathe when the team doesn't "back him up"?

1 hour ago, nate said:

The Angels have surrendered 5+ runs in 7 of the last 10 games.  They have lost all 7.

Doesn't matter what the offense does, teams rarely win games when they surrender 5 games.  Pitching is absolutely the problem.

To put it into perspective, last year, only one team in MLB averaged 5 runs against last year.  The Rockies.

Perhaps our pitchers are too tight knowing they have to be perfect?

9 minutes ago, Torridd said:

No, we need offense. I don't think there's anything more demoralizing than losing these types of games. How much you bet they score for Weaver, who seems to loathe when the team doesn't "back him up"?

So in your opinion the pitching is fine? Even if we were fully healthy, we still lack a legit ace and our bullpen other than Street is not very good either. I'm not arguing the offense isn't atrocious (it is). But the pitching is basically just as dysfunctional

4 minutes ago, nate said:

Did you not see the offense go on more than a two week tear?  That is an absurd assertion.

2 weeks? I will have to look that up because I don't recall that. They are going against mediocre pitching and making them look Cy Young. 

Nate, I just looked at our games and I see less than a week when you can say they were "on a tear." May 1 - 9 runs, 2nd - 5, 3rd - 4 4th - 7. That's it.

Compare that with the pitching and we had a lot better games from them. 

9 minutes ago, GrittyVeterans said:

So in your opinion the pitching is fine? Even if we were fully healthy, we still lack a legit ace and our bullpen other than Street is not very good either. I'm not arguing the offense isn't atrocious (it is). But the pitching is basically just as dysfunctional

I'm saying the pitching is not the main enemy. We're getting pretty good relief right now and most games we're not blown out.

15 minutes ago, nate said:

Did you not see the offense go on more than a two week tear?  That is an absurd assertion.

They had an 11 game stretch where they averaged five runs per game. If we now classify that as "going on a tear" then things are even sadder than I thought.