• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Braves trade Jhoulys Chacin to Angels

4 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

The Braves will receive a Minor League pitcher (not a prospect) in return for Chacin. Williams Perez is en route to Atlanta.

Mark Bowman looks like he already ate the PTBNL, so Atlanta isn't getting a thing for Chacin. 

7 minutes ago, SlappyUtilityMIF said:

hahahahahahahhahahahahha...hahahahhahahahahaha......hahahahahahahhaha

The teams situations are comparable in a number of areas, here's a few:

Angels: Worst Farm system in MLB.

Devils: 2nd Worst Farm system in NHL. http://www.hockeysfuture.com/team-rankings/fall-team-rankings-2015-16/page/3

Neither of them are going to contend for a while.

5 minutes ago, RallyPanda said:

I don't agree at all, even with a healthy pitching staff and an offense that's clicking this roster still has "80 wins" (max) written all over it. Even if we somehow pick it up and sneak into the playoffs...do you honestly believe we can beat anyone? My main point is, why bother trading for Ryan and Chacin when you can just give Pennington the job and call-up a Nate Smith or let Rasmus start? It just seems pointless when we could have saved $$$ and given some of the kids a shot, total fu**ing headscrather, then again...I haven't understood anything this organization has done since 2002, LMAO!

Completely disagree. 

If Heaney, Richards, Simmons are healthy and the offense didn't lead the league in GIDP's, sucked with RISP and had its cleanup hitter choking, we very well could have been on our way to equaling at the very least the same amount of wins we got last year with a good shot at 90. 

1 minute ago, Dochalo said:

So we got a potentially serviceable starter for really no one of significant value.  

I don't see the downside here.  

Yep. He's just 28 years old too. 

i like the move. 

Wonder if we're OUT on Lincecum now?

24 minutes ago, Chuck Richter said:

You do not call it quits and rebuild on May 11th, EVER, under any circumstances. 

Injuries to the starting pitching and the offense sucking is the reason this team is where they're at. 

I agree.  I don't understand the anger at the Angels for not giving up on the season yet.  There will be plenty of time to let the minor league rs play after we have completely fallen out of the race.  Not now, I have to respect the Angels for their effort to keep trying.

25 minutes ago, Chuck Richter said:

You do not call it quits and rebuild on May 11th, EVER, under any circumstances. 

Injuries to the starting pitching and the offense sucking is the reason this team is where they're at. 

I agree.  I don't understand the anger at the Angels for not giving up on the season yet.  There will be plenty of time to let the minor league rs play after we have completely fallen out of the race.  Not now, I have to respect the Angels for their effort to keep trying.

Believe it or not, but not everyone views sneaking into the playoffs a failure.  Shame on the Angels for trying to win as many games as possible this year. What an embarrassment they are for being competitors.