• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Beltre

nate

You guys are forgetting one small thing. If we would have signed him he wouldn't have lasted a year and we would not only be looking for another 3rd baseman but a short stop as well. The first walk off hit Beltre got for the Angels Aybar would have gone crazy and touched Beltre's precious head. Beltre would have then murdered Aybar on live TV. Think guys before you post this stuff. Because what I posted is FACT.

Obviously it's in the past but if the Angels had signed him it makes you wonder what direction the franchise would have gone in given the signings and moves that happened after that.  He would have locked down 3B and provided much needed offense. 

I brought this up several times, I think it was a turning point for this organization.  We never would have gone down the Wells rabbit hole.

To be fair though, 6/90 seemed like a lot for him at the time, I don't think anyone expected him to be this good.

I brought this up several times, I think it was a turning point for this organization. We never would have gone down the Wells rabbit hole.

To be fair though, 6/90 seemed like a lot for him at the time, I don't think anyone expected him to be this good.

Yeah. Most people thought he was a big risk after putting up good numbers on a one-year contract. But damn, if we would have taken that chance.

I brought this up several times, I think it was a turning point for this organization. We never would have gone down the Wells rabbit hole.

I know as well that this subject has been discussed ad nauseum over the last number of years but it really was "the" difference in what this franchise is and what it could have been in the 2010s, way more that I envisioned when I had hoped that they were all in when Beltre was available. At the time, I believed that if the Angels were ever going to overspend, this was the time primarily due to the fact that 3B was a black hole since Glaus and that Beltre was an elite defender and very good hitter. And he's exceeded expectations in both areas.

But worse was the fallout after he got away. The reactionary Wells move, of course, is most notable but it seemed like the tone swayed too far both ways shortly after. Too win-now right away and then too cautious later on combined with a less-than-stellar approach to the draft. Maybe it's unfair to tag that all to that non-move but not signing Beltre when he seemed quite attainable certainly was a mile marker.

Edited by LAA Road Tripper

Yeah. Most people thought he was a big risk after putting up good numbers on a one-year contract. But damn, if we would have taken that chance.

Mostly because nobody knew he would be able to get a TUE for testosterone the rest of his career.  While everyone else ages naturally, Beltre's medical condition means he will always be 27 years old....

Mostly because nobody knew he would be able to get a TUE for testosterone the rest of his career. While everyone else ages naturally, Beltre's medical condition means he will always be 27 years old....

While Alex Roidriguez got suspended for over a year basically doing the same thing, One Nut Beltre gets diplomatic immunity. He is the only player green lighted for testosterone supplements.

Like you said, no one knew this until years after he was a Ranger.

You guys are forgetting one small thing. If we would have signed him he wouldn't have lasted a year and we would not only be looking for another 3rd baseman but a short stop as well. The first walk off hit Beltre got for the Angels Aybar would have gone crazy and touched Beltre's precious head. Beltre would have then murdered Aybar on live TV. Think guys before you post this stuff. Because what I posted is FACT.

That's another reason why I'm glad that clown is playing in Atlanta. Poor Pujols must miss him.