• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official Los Angeles Angels 2017 Minor League Statlines & Prospects thread

As a 16 year old, Soriano was 6'1'', 150 lbs. and threwin the high-80's. At 17, he was 6'3" 160 lbs. and threw 91-92. At 18 he was 6'4" 170 lbs. and threw 93-95.

Now he's 19 and is throwing 94-97.

Not bad for $70k. Practically nothing as far international scouting budget goes. Soriano at age 16 was seen as someone that would top out around 91-92 without a consistent breaking pitch.

The Angels were extremely limited in their ability to scout and sign these kids because of the restrictions and lack of a foot hold in the area. They liked Soriano but were only lucky enough to sign him when it became clear other teams were floating $10k, which is the price teams offer when they're simply looking for filler.

Just imagine where this kid could be by age 23.

14 hours ago, Scotty@AW said:

As a 16 year old, Soriano was 6'1'', 150 lbs. and threwin the high-80's. At 17, he was 6'3" 160 lbs. and threw 91-92. At 18 he was 6'4" 170 lbs. and threw 93-95.

Now he's 19 and is throwing 94-97.

Not bad for $70k. Practically nothing as far international scouting budget goes. Soriano at age 16 was seen as someone that would top out around 91-92 without a consistent breaking pitch.

The Angels were extremely limited in their ability to scout and sign these kids because of the restrictions and lack of a foot hold in the area. They liked Soriano but were only lucky enough to sign him when it became clear other teams were floating $10k, which is the price teams offer when they're simply looking for filler.

Just imagine where this kid could be by age 23.

Another product of Alfredo Ulloa signing, who is responsible for Hector Yan, Raider Uceta, Adderlin Santana, Daniel Ozoria, Julio Garcia, Julio De La Cruz, Stiward Aquino...... and Roberto Baldoquin

4 hours ago, taylorblakeward said:

Another product of Alfredo Ulloa signing, who is responsible for Hector Yan, Raider Uceta, Adderlin Santana, Daniel Ozoria, Julio Garcia, Julio De La Cruz, Stiward Aquino...... and Roberto Baldoquin

I’ll have to pay more attention to the international side of things, because your post sounds like a compliment to Ulloa, but then you mention a bunch of guys I haven’t heard of and then Baldoquin. 

Or TBW you could spend more time here giving us updates on these guys.   Oh and before any of you fools say, “if I followed him on Twitter”, I do.  

3 hours ago, SuperTroopers said:

I’ll have to pay more attention to the international side of things, because your post sounds like a compliment to Ulloa, but then you mention a bunch of guys I haven’t heard of and then Baldoquin. 

Or TBW you could spend more time here giving us updates on these guys.   Oh and before any of you fools say, “if I followed him on Twitter”, I do.  

I'm planning on deleting Twitter 

10 hours ago, taylorblakeward said:

I'm interested in getting a closer look at Uceta. Big time power potential.

I mean the way I see it, Kinsler was a great acquisition. He's going to be great in 2018 in my opinion. But he's also 36, so the Angels could use more of a long term answer.

David Fletcher seems like a possibility, but his defensive ability at SS and lack of gamechanging power or speed will likely lead to a utility role, which he is quite well suited for.

That kind of opens things for Jahmai. He's such a good defender in the OF that I have little doubt the same athleticism can play up at 2B. I bet he can grow into at least an average defender over there.

3 hours ago, Scotty@AW said:

I'm interested in getting a closer look at Uceta. Big time power potential.

https://business.facebook.com/177433228973937/videos/1185283801522203/

big kid.  looks taller than 6'.  pretty awkward running and in the OF.  pretty sweet swing though.  kinda get a big papi vibe from his build etc not that he's gonna be anywhere close of course.  Think he'll start in the AZL?  

Really excited for a bunch of these intl guys to start climbing the ladder.  

In three innings of work, Griffin Canning sat 95-96 T97 with the FB, 79-81 CU. Sequenced very well, threw breaking balls for strikes, good command in outing. Plus fastball, plus curveball, above average slider. Spots the corners, hits the glove. Very advanced #Angels

1 hour ago, John Smith said:

In three innings of work, Griffin Canning sat 95-96 T97 with the FB, 79-81 CU. Sequenced very well, threw breaking balls for strikes, good command in outing. Plus fastball, plus curveball, above average slider. Spots the corners, hits the glove. Very advanced #Angels

Damn. 

He could be ready by September. 

1 hour ago, John Smith said:

whoa!  95-96?  

I've got to be honest, I was concerned about that pick.  I thought he was 92-93 and touching 95.  Big big difference.  TBW also gave him a 60 grade changeup which isn't even mentioned here.  Three plus and one above avg pitches?  good command?  that's pretty nice.  Lot of effort in the delivery though it seems.  thoughts?  

TBW - dude. you have an intern now?  baller

1 hour ago, Dochalo said:

whoa!  95-96?  

I've got to be honest, I was concerned about that pick.  I thought he was 92-93 and touching 95.  Big big difference.  TBW also gave him a 60 grade changeup which isn't even mentioned here.  Three plus and one above avg pitches?  good command?  that's pretty nice.  Lot of effort in the delivery though it seems.  thoughts?  

I've always had my concerned about his elbow and the stress from his delivery,  from going from  low 90s to the mid/upper 90s is exciting to see. If he can keep stay healthy and maintain his Velo deep into the games, we are looking at guys that could be a solid 2. 

Him and Barria are going to be fun to tract and watch. 

1 hour ago, Dochalo said:

whoa!  95-96?  

That gun might be a bit hot, but 93/94 is the norm for him. TBW rated his change up high and my scouting report was similar. That was his best pitch last year.