• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official Los Angeles Angels 2017 Minor League Statlines & Prospects thread

1 hour ago, tdawg87 said:

Damn. 

He could be ready by September. 

If they let him. Usually, teams will back off on the innings of a kid first year out of college, no matter how advanced.

He may reach his inning limit before September. 

Honestly, Griffin Canning could probably help the team right now. One year of minor league experience will only help him, but if it came down to it, he's a better pitcher than anyone on the team except Richards, Ohtani, Heaney and Barria.

4 minutes ago, Scotty@AW said:

If they let him. Usually, teams will back off on the innings of a kid first year out of college, no matter how advanced.

He may reach his inning limit before September. 

Honestly, Griffin Canning could probably help the team right now. One year of minor league experience will only help him, but if it came down to it, he's a better pitcher than anyone on the team except Richards, Ohtani, Heaney and Barria.

Yep. Didn't Jim Abbott go straight from Michigan to the big leagues?

3 hours ago, Dochalo said:

https://business.facebook.com/177433228973937/videos/1185283801522203/

big kid.  looks taller than 6'.  pretty awkward running and in the OF.  pretty sweet swing though.  kinda get a big papi vibe from his build etc not that he's gonna be anywhere close of course.  Think he'll start in the AZL?  

Really excited for a bunch of these intl guys to start climbing the ladder.  

I've been fortunate to get video on one of his workouts from the offseason. He's leaner and more cut now, but still pretty slow. His arm has improved but is still below average.

But that pick was all about the bat and the potential he has in it. 

A move to 1B is inevitable.

1 minute ago, Chuckster70 said:

Yep. Didn't Jim Abbott go straight from Michigan to the big leagues?

I think so. But it was a different time. With how careful teams are with pitchers, and the analytical side of things, there's no way a team would draft someone with Abbott's disability as high, nor skip him straight to the majors.

If that happened today, Jim would be met with as much skepticism as Ohtani is dealing with.

1 hour ago, Scotty@AW said:

I've been fortunate to get video on one of his workouts from the offseason. He's leaner and more cut now, but still pretty slow. His arm has improved but is still below average.

But that pick was all about the bat and the potential he has in it. 

A move to 1B is inevitable.

nice.  so do you think he starts stateside?  

9 hours ago, Dochalo said:

nice.  so do you think he starts stateside?  

So much of that depends on the stuff that happens off the field. At the complex in the DR, he'll first go through English classes as well as customs/culture, budget, etc...

Some guys already have that down and perform so well on the field that they come stateside. Some guys that 2-3 years.

My guess is he'll spend a year there, but I'm not really basing that off anything.

16 hours ago, Dochalo said:

whoa!  95-96?  

I've got to be honest, I was concerned about that pick.  I thought he was 92-93 and touching 95.  Big big difference.  TBW also gave him a 60 grade changeup which isn't even mentioned here.  Three plus and one above avg pitches?  good command?  that's pretty nice.  Lot of effort in the delivery though it seems.  thoughts?  

TBW - dude. you have an intern now?  baller

I saw him 4-5 times at UCLA and never had him sit over 92-94 and had very limited 95's. I spoke with Rahul quite a bit yesterday and his radar gun sources were reliable so if it is 94-96 then it's a new fastball. His change shows 60 and my grades are based on future, but I'd put  it at 50/55 current.

Also, Rahul and I are working on all the details of internship but the plan is to bring him on full time once my new contract comes in to play and we can work a contract for Rahul when/if he's willing. I would take his word (and Brent Maguire's) over just about anyone not coming from a major outlet (FanGraphs, BA, MLB) when it comes to Angels prospects.

So far, Jo Adell has exceeded any and all expectations set forth.  He was supposed to be a very raw but tools player, and while that's partially true, his athleticism, power and pitch recognition are all above even advanced high school athletes.  I said in my scouting report that Adell has the highest upside of any prospect drafted in the past few years, and that's more true today than it was when I wrote it.  

Adell is going to be a superstar.  I don't think he'll reach Trout's level, because no one is at Trout's level.  But 30/30 is a possibility with him. 

His face, legs and arms look a lot better than last year, so he has lost some weight. Still has a belly. As for the swing, first thing I did first, his timing is off. It doesn't matter what sort of swing he has, if he doesn't have his timing down he won't hit much. He still has good extension and the reports remain true that the ball comes off his bat different than others.

But he's raw, his timing is off and physically he isn't where he needs to be yet. He was always going to move to third base anyway.