• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

I have had it!!

My blood pressure was already high even before this season started. I can't even imagine what it is right now.

Just care less. That's what I've done. I just laugh now and it is pretty comical. Seems like the players/manager doesn't care so why should I? These guys will be getting paid handsomely either way. This team does not have a winners/closers mentality and never will with Scioscia at the helm.

Moreno doesn't seem to give a d_mn. Why should we?

Eh. Of all the people in this organization, I have to believe the guy writing the checks gives a damn about the performance of his team.

Put yourself in Arte's shoes, what can he do? You put a product on the field and hope they perform!

This one clearly isn't. For almost 3 seasons now. It's truly mind-boggling. 

Spending is one thing, spending with a plan is another.

Steinbrenner did the same thing in the 1980's.

What did it get him? 12 straight post-season less years

Exactly right, spending money doesn't mean you're acting smartly or effectively.

But your argument is he doesn't care, not that he was ineffective.

Do you honestly believe he doesn't care? 

Just because it isn't working doesn't mean there isn't a plan. You kept saying all last year that this team needed a left handed impact bat. We got that bat, he just isn't producing, yet.

The team decided that Greinke wasn't worth $25 million a year, and not a single one of us would disagree with that. The team has a plan, and that plan for this year was out-scoring teams. But once again it isn't working so you automatically assume there isn't a plan. As LT would say, that is patently false.

iirc, the yankees didn't start their outrageous spending until the mid-90s, which is when they started winning titles again.

iirc, the yankees didn't start their outrageous spending until the mid-90s, which is when they started winning titles again.

Reggie Jackson, who hit 563 homers and earned the nickname 'Mr. October,'...highest paid player by signing a $3-million, 5-year contract with the Yankees,...

That was 1977

Damnit, I guessed AO.

yeah, same here.

i wish their plan was working better. not sure how to fix it or if heads need to roll. willing to give them some time to gel and hope the pitching can get things figured out sooner rather than later.

not willing to risk my health over worrying about it, however.

Yeah... and the Coyboy did the same in the 80's. 

Enough of bashing ownership.  Ownership wants to win... I have no doubt about it.  They wouldnt be throwing money around trying to get the best players if they didn't.