• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

$18m Batting Practice Pitcher

nate

all of this nonsense about fans turning on weaver or it only being spring training is just a bunch of tripe. weaver is universally respected by failos and superfans alike. everybody knows that this is the end, it's just a matter of how much suffering he has to go through before he let's go. this isn't new for weaver, we all saw it beginning and we all saw it last year. 

last year paralleled the 2015 version of peyton manning. his talent was gone, but he squeezed out a few nice performances on knowledge of the game. 

let's not pretend that the fanbase is turning on weaver. they're desperate for him to be the weave of old, but he's just going to be the old weave.

Read some Cardinals message boards from 2012

Those guys are assholes.

And 99.9% of the free agent athletes in pro sports are not in the position Albert was in in 2012.  I still can't figure out why he moved teams, except that he felt "dissed".

He was king of the world, revered, won world championships, embedded in the area. 

Those guys are assholes.

And 99.9% of the free agent athletes in pro sports are not in the position Albert was in in 2012. I still can't figure out why he moved teams, except that he felt "dissed".

He was king of the world, revered, won world championships, embedded in the area.

Isn't it because god wanted him to be in Anaheing?

lackey. Grienke (some). Lebron james. Hamilton leaving the rangers. Pujols leaving the cards. Lackey and heyward leaving the cards.

So, yeah, it still happens.

I disagree.  Greinke didn't catch crap and you know it.  The dodgers caught crap for not stepping up with a contract.  Lackey caught crap because he was hated for being an asshole, not for getting more money.  Rangers fans turned on Hammy due in part because he f'd up the playoffs.  LeBron was offered more money by Cleveland under Bird rules.  He caught crap for 'taking his talents to Miami', not because he was earning more money.

Guys might catch crap because they earn grief.  Not because they are chasing the dollars.

It'd be a great time for weave to learn a knuckleball. Bring him in from the pen for an inning or two? Sure, could be useful way to keep him productive.

This is exactly what he should do.

It gave Jim Bouton a few more years why not Jered?

Edited by Slegnaac

Weavs knows better than any of the "experts" around here what an 80mph "fastball" represents.  Give him some slack.  He'll try to sort it out in ST.  If he doesn't my guess is he'll be the first one to the table to explore alternatives...retirement, pen, pitching coach, whatever.  I wish him the best.

The hometown discount could end up being expensive if he is no longer pitchable. It's like he signed a 5 year extension but it may end up that he pitched 3 good seasons and 2 bad seasons during that extension.

Yes but he could have milked 7 years 140 million+ out of Reagins if he wanted to, and can you imagine how ****ed we'd be if he did?

He was one of the best pitchers in the game when he signed that deal. He was better than Greinke was when he signed his deal with the dodgers (6 years, 144 million) People need to gain a little perspective on the guy. This is a pitcher who finished top 5 in the CY young 3 straight years. His ERA was 2.73 over those 3 years. He could have gotten some team to pay him whatever he wanted at that point in time 

Edited by GrittyVeterans

I disagree. Greinke didn't catch crap and you know it. The dodgers caught crap for not stepping up with a contract. Lackey caught crap because he was hated for being an asshole, not for getting more money. Rangers fans turned on Hammy due in part because he f'd up the playoffs. LeBron was offered more money by Cleveland under Bird rules. He caught crap for 'taking his talents to Miami', not because he was earning more money.

Guys might catch crap because they earn grief. Not because they are chasing the dollars.

grienke caught it from locals here, as well as from dog fans when he bounced for a rival. Stamm is a legend here, because he posted here, but also because he represented the people on youtube we dont know by name when they burned his jersey for leaving to a rival. Lebron jersey videos had everything to do with leaving. Taking his talents? No, leaving.

Lackey was an asshole? Still waiting for angel fans to explain that one. "He didnt cancel his divorce once he found out his wife had a treatable disease". You all know that divorce was mutual right?....bottom line, that story would have never made the rounds to begin with unless her dad called tmz to tell it....

Disagree and ill respect your opinion. But its no different than the fans here bitching about the pujols money. Fans are gonna complain when talent leaves for a better paycheck, and theyre going to complain when someones not earning the paycheck. At the end of the day, both the team and the player are in a business and both are out for their own interest. Theres not a team out there that hands out "hes a good guy" money.

"When youre already getting that much money, whats 20 million more?".....because that wasnt the narrative when tex went to NY, right?

Edited by ten ocho recon scout

Weavs knows better than any of the "experts" around here what an 80mph "fastball" represents.  Give him some slack.  He'll try to sort it out in ST.  If he doesn't my guess is he'll be the first one to the table to explore alternatives...retirement, pen, pitching coach, whatever.  I wish him the best.

How exactly do you sort out gaining 10 mph on your fastball? This isn't a mechanics issue, a command issue, or a control issue.

grienke caught it from locals here, as well as from dog fans when he bounced for a rival. Stamm is a legend here, because he posted here, but also because he represented the people on youtube we dont know by name when they burned his jersey for leaving to a rival. Lebron jersey videos had everything to do with leaving. Taking his talents? No, leaving.

Lackey was an asshole? Still waiting for angel fans to explain that one. "He didnt cancel his divorce once he found out his wife had a treatable disease". You all know that divorce was mutual right?....bottom line, that story would have never made the rounds to begin with unless her dad called tmz to tell it....

Disagree and ill respect your opinion. But its no different than the fans here bitching about the pujols money. Fans are gonna complain when talent leaves for a better paycheck, and theyre going to complain when someones not earning the paycheck. At the end of the day, both the team and the player are in a business and both are out for their own interest. Theres not a team out there that hands out "hes a good guy" money.

"When youre already getting that much money, whats 20 million more?".....because that wasnt the narrative when tex went to NY, right?

I understand a lot of your points.  As far as Lackey being an asshole:

• showing up players in the field by giving the sighs or rolling eyes when they made errors
  • yelling at scioscia for pulling him in the playoff game
  • complaining about the anaheim fans after signing with boston
  • he signed with the Red Sox

My point is, even though our fans (me included) are as petulant as almost any other group, I don't think people got on Lackey for taking more money.

Just my opinion.