• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

$18m Batting Practice Pitcher

nate

Love Jered! Respect him completely for everything he has done for the organization!

However, with that being said.....

1. Would the Halos Draft a College or High School pitcher that threw 78mph but had great location or off speed pitches? 

2. Would the Halos Sign a Free Agent pitcher that threw 78mph to a Multi year Multi Million dollar contract for an average annual salary of 18-20M per?

3. Would the Halos invite any nonroster player to SPT that was throwing 78mph but had great location or off speed pitches?

We are basically watching the waiting game before he walks away. Which sucks Ass! Cause, personally I don't want to remember this shell of Jered. They need to have a talk before we break camp and see what he wants to do. This unfortunately can't go on during the season.

Be Well Weav~

brad-pitt-dead-kill-moneyball.gif

Edited by SlappyUtilityGuy

Our best hope is that Weaver knows what's going down.  He'll start the year on the DL and ramp up in mid may to his 85mph.  Command is not the issue.  You can't throw a 78mph fastball in the strikezone anywhere that isn't a cooke for a major league hitter.   Hell, most minor leaguers could leave the yard on a pitch like that.  

It's a bummer, but it is what it is. 

SlapHappyUtilityGuy

...uh he's got like an avatar of an old dude

Swear he posted the exact same thing in a Weaver thread lol

EDIT: Boom found it. 7th or 8th post. Small world forum. 

http://www.angelswin-forum.com/forums/topic/25281-orange-county-register-after-spring-debut-angels-jered-weaver-passes-torch-to-garrett-richards/?hl=weaver

BTW, thanks for looking out Gamer!~

Just think that in all of Weaver's great career and all the incredible clutch games that he pitched, we still only managed to win 1 playoff series.  Its a shame we could never win it all when Weaver was a top 3 pitcher in this league, that team friendly deal didnt really pay itself off for him.  He could have gotten Verlander money somewhere else.  

However, with that being said.....

2. Would the Halos Sign a Free Agent pitcher that threw 78mph to a Multi year Multi Million dollar contract for an average annual salary of 18-20M per?

Was he a big "name" somewhere else? I could actually see our idiot front office doing that.

And if you thought any of those tweets were funny, you need to think about recalibrating your sense of humor.

Edited by yk9001

Erstad grit makes a good point, and ive said it on here before. This is the reason athletes shouldnt be slammed when they leave town for the best money. The reality is their careers are generally a lot shorter than most realize, and when its done its done. And the fans arent generally forgiving when it happens...amd also as ive said on here before, more people read these boards than the regular poster is aware of...

Weave is done. He might have something left every now and then, but the overall of it is that hes probably at best a 6th starter now.

But he deserves a pass from angel fans. He took less money to sign here from the draft, shunning boras, and took less money to stay, again shunning boras. And he did it in stride...from his mouth he was glad to do it to bring in guys like pujols. Regardless of how that worked out, you dont see many guys do that.

Weaves been one of the best to ever wear this teams uniform. He was a beast when he was on top, and he was the head of the clubhouse for years. The adenheart stuff is very genuine. Hes been a very solid team guy. Again, he deserves slack now thats hes faded.

Hes a good guy in person too...

Sosh wouldn't remove Weav from the rotation but I think Weav would remove himself if he's doing bad. Weav strikes me as a guy who has too much pride

Most people who are really good (or were really good at their craft) tend to have high self belief. It can be hard to look at something you used to be good at and decide "I'm not good enough to do this anymore". The natural reaction of many would be to believe they can bounce back and you'd have to imagine that's where Weav is at, which is absolutely understandable too...even if it might seem delusional from the outside.

Weaver has never been the same since Trout threw the water bottle at him.

In reality the $18M owed to him this season is huge. Jason Heyward huge. I'm sure Arte knows at this point that Weaver will soon join the dead money list. Weaver's 5 year hometown discount will end up being about 3 years of production.Yes we wasted the good Weaver years.

I don't think he wanted to go through all the physicals required by free agents. I believe he signed that 85M deal when he started struggling with pain in his thoracic vertebrae in august of 2011. His ERA doubled, I think it was mid 1's, he went from unhittable to a crafty veteran with a sneaky fastball. For the life of his contract he's been getting by game by game. Made it look good for a couple years but once that fastball started hitting the mid 80's he's been a roller coaster. It was something special every time he put together 6-7 innings last year. He'll always be my favorite Angel pitcher. Sad he never got to pitch in the WS in 10 seasons.

Congratulations for being the only one I have ever heard that actually thinks Jered Weaver didn't become a free agent because he didn't want to go through a physical. You realize when you sign an extension they have you take a physical, right?

Erstad grit makes a good point, and ive said it on here before. This is the reason athletes shouldnt be slammed when they leave town for the best money.

Its 2016, not 1990.  Do athletes get slammed any more when they leave for better deals?  I can't even remember the last time.

SlapHappyUtilityGuy

...uh he's got like an avatar of an old dude

Swear he posted the exact same thing in a Weaver thread lol

EDIT: Boom found it. 7th or 8th post. Small world forum.

http://www.angelswin-forum.com/forums/topic/25281-orange-county-register-after-spring-debut-angels-jered-weaver-passes-torch-to-garrett-richards/?hl=weaver

Never visited that thread. slap and I just think alike