• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Medical Research by Country

Germany does not regulate care like the US does.  In the US it takes the FDA sometimes 20 years to approve a new treatment.  In Germany they do not have those restrictions.  That is not because of $ and private vs public though, just ideology.

It isn't just ideology. Something is f'd up. 

I always thought that, but I listened to a doctor explain why even though frustrating, the FDA process here has a lot of benefits.  You have a lot less quackery here in the US than other countries, even Europe.

I always thought that, but I listened to a doctor explain why even though frustrating, the FDA process here has a lot of benefits.  You have a lot less quackery here in the US than other countries, even Europe.

So no other country can do anything better than the US? Some parts of the US healthcare system are broken and markedly worse than other places. To suggest that quackery is going on everywhere else is ignorant.

That is not what I said.  But a lot of harmful procedures and drugs have been kept off the shelves here due to the process.  In other countries they have not had as much success.

That is not to say that they don't have some things there that we don't.  Many of the things they have were developed here, but are not allowed to be carried out in the US because they are not yet approved.

It amazes me how often people travel to Germany for treatment that isn't avail in the US. There's something wrong with that. I lived in Germany for five years and the medical system was excellent.

Once Cuba is open for business.  I have a feeling a lot of their income will be from US people seeking Cancer treatments.

That is not what I said.  But a lot of harmful procedures and drugs have been kept off the shelves here due to the process.  In other countries they have not had as much success.

That is not to say that they don't have some things there that we don't.  Many of the things they have were developed here, but are not allowed to be carried out in the US because they are not yet approved.

There are drugs approved in the US that would never be approved in places like Germany because they are harmful. And there are drugs approved there that aren't approved in the US because of the f'd up FDA. The FDA does good and bad. It isn't better in every way. In reality it hurts Americans by approving drugs it shouldn't and holding back or being slow in approving treatment/drugs that should be available more quickly. Germany isn't perfect either: it's worse in some ways but in others ways it is better.

Because I live in the US I want our healthcare system to be the best and there are many ways to accomplish that. However the current system gets in it's own way. I'm surprised you have such an overall positive view of the FDA given that you're in healthcare. 

Like I said, I heard a doctor explain the process and why he thought it was important and I mostly agreed with him.  It is not without its flaws.

Charlie Sheen just went to Mexico to have his aids cured... a procedure that was complete and total bullshit.  The FDA does what it can to mitigate that.

Once Cuba is open for business.  I have a feeling a lot of their income will be from US people seeking Cancer treatments.

I don't know much about Cuba but it would suck if I have to go there for medical treatment. I have my doubts that it is a better option. I know Michael Moore extolled some positives about their healthcare but he doesn't always give a complete picture of the situation for the sake of entertainment. In what way is Cuba healthcare better?

What... it is exactly what I am talking about.  Mexico is an extreme because obviously they approve any medical procedure but in other countries even Germany where they will approve procedures much quicker, they have had mixed results.

Like I said, I heard a doctor explain the process and why he thought it was important and I mostly agreed with him.  It is not without its flaws.

Charlie Sheen just went to Mexico to have his aids cured... a procedure that was complete and total bullshit.  The FDA does what it can to mitigate that.

Charlie Sheen and Mexico have nothing to do with our conversation. I can show you nuts being nutty anywhere, even in the US or Germany. You're throwing hail marys because it is clear that you do not have a deeper understanding of the points in question. You might want to find out more beyond what you heard a doctor say.

The FDA doesn't simply have flaws. In many ways it is broken on egregious levels. There is a need for the FDA but it needs to be fixed. Not just improve as we get better at understanding healthcare but overhaul processes that are holding back better solutions for Americans. It is a political clusterfcuk. We pay the most so we should get the best.