• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Lets get one thing straight..

Well that's my point. Trout is the only guy we can depend on to be consistent all year long and lead the team, if he goes down with a bad stretch we can't expect anybody to pick him and the team up offensively.

I guess the blame really goes to the front office for putting us in that situation.

Bingo. Players are going to go through slumps over the course of a season....that's a given. Too many games, too many plate appearances. Trout being Trout was basically the only reason this team was still sniffing playoff contention the last weekend of the season IMO

Bingo. Players are going to go through slumps over the course of a season....that's a given. Too many games, too many plate appearances. Trout being Trout was basically the only reason this team was still sniffing playoff contention the last weekend of the season IMO

I've spent the entire offseason bashing the front office. At this point I've given up, and I'm basically asking for the impossible. For Mike Trout to be near-perfect for all 162 games of the season.

Very insightful...thats some deep sh!t right there man....

Quote mining. He has to play well consistently, all year. And I know that's almost an impossible thing to ask for, but with how our team is built..it's the only way we succeed this year. 

Well that's my point. Trout is the only guy we can depend on to be consistent all year long and lead the team, if he goes down with a bad stretch we can't expect anybody to pick him and the team up offensively.

I guess the blame really goes to the front office for putting us in that situation.

And I think Eppler realizes that this was an issue so in light of the owner not wanting to spend more he at least opted to try and build some depth across the board even if it is not very noticeable (and to be honest not a drastic improvement but it is a bit better).

Trout had a 9 WAR season and the total WAR for the Angels entire offense/defense was 18.3.

He was literally half the team's offense.

and thats what scares me about 2016 (and 17, 18). I know a lot on here are content with the offseason, and glad we didnt add another huge contract to the bloated payroll. But august last year showed just how f**ked we are if something happens to mike. Already as it stands were looking at really scratching to score in the innings he doesnt hit in.

I never saw it in the first place.  

I saw it a few times last year, it's just to the right of the left field foul line.  There is grass growing on it, and people water it once in a while.

grass.jpg

Edited by tomsred

Wrist injuries can destroy entire seasons for MLB players.  Trout managed to make it with only one bad month.

My cousin's son was an All American first baseman at Auburn. He broke some of Frank Thomas' single season records at the school. After being drafted in the 12th round by the Mets after his junior year, he decided to return to school to try to improve his draft stock. He broke his wrist, was drafted ten rounds later by the Yankees, and he never recovered his stroke. Half a season at Staten Island and he was out of baseball.

Seattle has, that's about it.

Oh, come on. You dont think the Astros have improved? Their closer is better. And the have Correa for a full season. And they got rid of Chris Carter. And they have Carlos Gomez for a full season.

I think the Astros are the team to beat in the AL West.