• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

san francisco raises smoking age to 21

AJ, you lost the argument and looked stupid in the process. Give it a rest, amigo.

You are a joke. I beat you silly and you claim this.

Again, how about some actual FACTS? Links that support your argument?

Answer: You don't have any, just your assertions.

Edited by Angelsjunky

I got the impression that he won this argument.

He did look stupid in the process, though.

Why did I look stupid?

I think AJ is the only Bernie supporter in this thread.

I'm the only Bernie supporter on this forum. EDIT: Except for one or two others, I think. But the vast majority here don't like Bernie.

Edited by Angelsjunky

Smoking and eating cannabis have two different effects. Eating can be psychedelic. 

Eh. I was never a heavy user, but smoking always gave me serious heartburn.

Edibles worked great though.

Edited by Mr. Meeseeks

As far as the weed vs cigarettes and health problems argument, i dont think you can really measure it. Cig smokers smoke several a day, all day long. Weed smokers, total stoner level, probably inhale throughout the day the same amound of puffs as a cig smoker does in one cigarette (out of maybe 10 a day, or whatever theyw smoke). So aj is prob right that weed is cleaner, but if the amount smoked equaled a smoker it would prob be the same damage to the lung, as cals is saying.

As far as real drugs, couldnt disagree more about legalizing them. Some people have money, can keep it together and not get addicted, and could support their pill/coke habit. Its by far the exception though. And ive never, ever, come accross a successful person that just smokes some meth occasionally.

While i agree its a persons own business if they want to use something harmful, it isnt the user the laws are written for. Its the person whos car, or house gets burglarized why we try and stop hard drugs. At least in the areas where meth and rock and heroin are very prevalent, park your car one night around 3-4 am and turn everything off and sit. I guarantee you that youll see someone go by every minute....wearing a backpack, either walking or on a bike. They all have flashlights. And screwdrivers. And gloves. Theyll tell you its to "fix their (stolen) bike". And if they dont see you first, theyll walk up to your car and look inside to see whats laying around in plain view...like loose change, and sunglasses...and for the idiot in 2016 that still leaves a purse or laptop bag.

I think it was colt early in this thread that mentioned if dope was available and affordable in liquor stores how it would be sustainable. Bro, drugs are that affordable and available, trust me. Maybe not in south county or nice areas. But north county, LA, any regular "big city" its all over the place. 6 out of 10 transients ill talk to a day will have a pipe on them. The transients can afford their daily dose. The paisas that wash dishes for min wage all have a have gram on them when their riding home at 3 am from their job. Rock is usually about 5 bucks...

If we could make some community that people would stay in, and not come out and do the shit addicts do, i wouldnt at all have a problem with people going there and doing dope all day long. Thats where i agree if they want to live life a certain way and not bother anyone else, who cares, its their life. In that scenario, sure, legalize it all. The problem is that doesnt exist. Its in the middle of everything else. Its everyone else thats getting their car broken into, its everyone else paying the fire department to go to he OD, its everyone else dealing with the gangster whos methed out trying to stab his family and the neighbors are calling, etc.

Ocho, do you think that substance abuse and addiction would increase if drugs were legalized?

I read a statistic that the federal government spends about $15 billion a year on the "war on drugs," and state and local governments spend $25 billion. How about legalize it and use that $40 billion for better education, prevention, and support.

The other problem is that criminalizing drugs makes addiction a crime rather than a disease, which in turn makes treatment more difficult.

I used to love pot too but I got tired of being lazy

Has the opposite effect on me.  Last time I smoked some I was chopping down trees, digging ditches and moving rocks.  Think I built a dam in my yard for no reason.  Then you have to take the 20 pizza boxes to the recycling can.