• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Home Office

nate

Ok, my 2 cents.

You need to back light those monitors before you burn your eyes to a crackly crunch. Paint the walls neutral grey and hit it with about 550-600K of even light so it doesn't alter your color perception. And WTF is with all those ugly cables I see? I thought you were a video/audiophile? You can have cables dangling everywhere.

I accept your scorn about the cables.  Management has been tough.  I have power strips mounted on the back panel of the desk but it doesn't really matter, need to run them through the wall to make it look clean.  Part of the problem has been that the TV only has two HDMI inputs and I keep switching between stuff.  I should get an HDMI AB switch to take care of it, just haven't.

For lighting, that is a big tougher, it was overcast today otherwise the brightness is fine.

Mostly concerned about your corneas not getting the equivalent of plasma screen burn in. One of the problems a lot of editors suffer with and not realize the eye strain of having so much focused light in dark rooms. Back lighting the walls can reduce the eye strain and headaches. Everything else is aesthetics like a properly placed I'd Rather Be Fishing macramé.

• 3 months later...
On 6/17/2016 at 1:43 PM, nate said:

Are you talking about my glorious Logitech G910?  Not a chance!

ha. toss it man! your wrists will thank you.

i've had the microsoft natural keyboard for ages at home and work, i get a new one every couple years if they get gnarly (wireless 7000 or wired 4000, doesnt matter). they have been the best for the last decade.

but last week i picked up their successor, the sculpt. typing on it now. it's so badass. they pulled the lame numeric keypad off. highly recommend! its $130 at fry's but they will price match to $76 from amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-L5V-00001-Ergonomic-Wireless-Keyboard/dp/B00CYX54C0

30 minutes ago, mrwicked said:

ha. toss it man! your wrists will thank you.

i've had the microsoft natural keyboard for ages at home and work, i get a new one every couple years if they get gnarly (wireless 7000 or wired 4000, doesnt matter). they have been the best for the last decade.

but last week i picked up their successor, the sculpt. typing on it now. it's so badass. they pulled the lame numeric keypad off. highly recommend! its $130 at fry's but they will price match to $76 from amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-L5V-00001-Ergonomic-Wireless-Keyboard/dp/B00CYX54C0

Wireless + not mechanical = bad for gaming.

1 hour ago, mrwicked said:

ah, fair enough. yeah i dont do gaming.

The keyboard you see on the desk is just for my gaming PC which is only really used for gaming and posting on AW.  I don't game that much anymore unfortunately because adulthood sucks.

On 6/19/2016 at 8:11 PM, nate said:

I made a chair for racing games a few years back.

Plus I figure repetitive stress is way worse on mobile devices which is what everyone else uses.  My work keyboard is ergo.

The thing I made is almost identical to this.  It is in pieces in the basement right now.

hqdefault.jpg

If I had the space...

Just now, Thomas said:

If I had the space...

I can't remember exactly how much it was but it was cheap and just took a few hours to build.  I got a Recaro racing seat out of a car at the junk yard for like $25 and already had the wheel and used a 40 inch TV.  The one thing I don't have is the speaker setup.  I never got around to it.