• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

GO GET ALEX GUERRERO.

Capital_Dave

https://twitter.com/Ken_Rosenthal/status/697866627304583168

Probably buying low, after his second-half fall-off last season (which was probably more due to his chronic underuse).  A poor defensive outfielder, but could really be something special on the offensive side.  Gives us depth at 3B.

What are the Dodgers looking for?  Unfortunately, they don't match up where we're deepest (starting pitching).  Bedrosian+Rasmus too much?

Has Guerrero played enough MLB 3B to definitively rule him out there?

I know Escobar hasn't played 2B since 2006 or 2007, but his 2B defense should project to be 50% better than the abomination Giavotella put up in 2015. Guerrero kind of sounds like a younger, Cuban, and cheaper version of David Freese with some more power.

Play Guerrero at 3B, and play Escobar at 2B. If Guerrero doesn't pan out in 2016 or moves on, Kubitza gets his shot in 2017.

He had a good start to the season last year but then sucked ass.

I wouldn't trade much for him.

We already have C.J. Cron for DH.

I do not think he's a good fielding LF, but that's a small sample size of viewing Dodgers games.

I love Cron. Honestly I see Cron playing 1b with Pujols back and forth from the DL to DH. A guy like Guerrero, Morneau, or Alvarez would be smart to be ready to DH in case of a Pujols problem imo. 

Has Guerrero played enough MLB 3B to definitively rule him out there?

I know Escobar hasn't played 2B since 2006 or 2007, but his 2B defense should project to be 50% better than the abomination Giavotella put up in 2015. Guerrero kind of sounds like a younger, Cuban, and cheaper version of David Freese with some more power.

Play Guerrero at 3B, and play Escobar at 2B. If Guerrero doesn't pan out in 2016 or moves on, Kubitza gets his shot in 2017.

The little I saw he makes Trumbo look like Vizquel. 

He had a good start to the season last year but then sucked ass.

I wouldn't trade much for him.

We already have C.J. Cron for DH.

I do not think he's a good fielding LF, but that's a small sample size of viewing Dodgers games.

Viewing Dodgers games is a small sample of viewing Dodgers games.

Or so I have heard.

I'd love to see Guerrero get a go at 2B. Defensively you can't be much worse than Gia, and offensively Guerrero never got his shot but most reports indicate he could potentially be very good with the bat.

Since trading him automatically triggers his option into FA next year, and the Dodgers infield is full, the asking price has to be pretty much nothing at all. The Dodgers either have to get whatever they can for him, or risk losing him for nothing in a month or two.

The Angels could offer someone like Austin Wood (minor league reclamation project with upside) and probably be in the mix.

Plus, if Guerrero does hit the way he's capable of, you could end up getting a draft pick from his FA next year, or if not, there's talk that Guerrero is willing to waive his right to FA if traded to a team that will play him everyday.

I suppose you're right about them asking for little due to his free agency situation.

This is a very interesting thought too about him waiving his FA rights.

Plus, if Guerrero does hit the way he's capable of, you could end up getting a draft pick from his FA next year, or if not, there's talk that Guerrero is willing to waive his right to FA if traded to a team that will play him everyday.

I suppose you're right about them asking for little due to his free agency situation.

This is a very interesting thought too about him waiving his FA rights.

So you're "both" in agreement!

If I'm absolutely wanting to get a deal done, but am not willing to overpay, just pay the fairest price available, I'd offer the Dodgers Eduardo Paredes for Guerrero and 1 million in salary relief. Arte won't budge on staying under the luxury tax and by most estimates, we're approximately 3-4 million shy of it. We'd get an option that can start at 2B, 3B, LF or DH and would find ourselves right up against the tax.

As for the Dodgers, they're savng 4 million, opening up a roster spot for one of their younger players, and getting a solid young reliever in return that should be ready 2 years from now.

I believe that if Guerrero gets regular AB's, he could hit .275/.330 with around 30 DB and 15 HR. his defense would probably be on par with Giavotella at 2B while his offense would far outweigh Gia's by a considerable amount.

It looks like a win-win situation for both teams.

The Dodgers might cut Guerrero.  I don't think it would take much at all to get him.  I think this would be a real good pick up on a flyer.  The guy can hit at the major league level.

odds that the angels know who he is? lol, just playing.

Guerrero has some pop but has a very poor approach at the plate(3% BB rate, 24.8% K rate last year) and is a butcher in the field. Not sure where he fits into the Angels picture since he's better suited for 1B/DH duties and our current DH/1B guys are both low OBP/high SLG RH bats just like Guerrero. 

Guerrero has some pop but has a very poor approach at the plate(3% BB rate, 24.8% K rate last year) and is a butcher in the field. Not sure where he fits into the Angels picture since he's better suited for 1B/DH duties and our current DH/1B guys are both low OBP/high SLG RH bats just like Guerrero.

....so youre saying hed fit right in?