• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

A Date Which Will Live In Infamy

mulwin444

Found my original comment on the poll:

"Just checked my original vote back in January and was happy to see HATE IT in bold letters!!! Hated it then and still hate it now!!!"

I remember calling it a franchise killer at the time. The only thing that kept that from completely coming true was a guy who had hit 10 home runs in 131 games in Class A ball the previous Summer becoming the greatest player of his generation.

Found my original comment on the poll:

"Just checked my original vote back in January and was happy to see HATE IT in bold letters!!! Hated it then and still hate it now!!!"

I remember calling it a franchise killer at the time. The only thing that kept that from completely coming true was a guy who had hit 10 home runs in 131 games in Class A ball the previous Summer becoming the greatest player of his generation.

This particular page is a hilarious read

http://angelswin.com/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=47155&start=151

Napoli went on to hit .320/.414/.631 1.046 OPS for texas.

Edited by Poozy

Simmons will turn out to be a good deal I have a feeling. We gave up our #1 prospect, an aging guy on his last year, and a question mark. We (angels fan) highly overvalue our prospects. Yes, he was our #1 prospect but where would he rank on other teams? I just don't see either of the 2 prospects turning into stars or even top of the rotation starters. Simmons is already a defensive star and I think his bat will improve.

I remember when Wells was a FA and some fans myself included were somewhat interested until we saw what he got from Toronto.  After the 2009 season he had what was considered one of the worst contracts in MLB.  Had a a bounce back year in 2010 and Toronto wisely unloaded him but unfortunately it was to the Angels.  In the history of "nutswingers" vs. "failos" the Wells trade threads were some of the best trying to see people put a spin on it.  I know it goes both ways but there was no polishing that turd.     

Scott34 loved the deal big time as well. He was one of the more vocal pro-Wells posters in that trade thread. When I first heard that they were trading Napoli and RIvera, I was stupidly thinking they were getting something like Noah Syndergaard back or one of their other SP prospects lol

The only positive of this trade is that it essentially ended the Reagins regime. May have had to endure a few more years of him running the show if not for this historically bad trade

I don't think anyone clamored for this. In fact I'm pretty sure Chuck was the only person who liked the deal, and he was just trying too hard at the time.

Actually looking back at those threads, it was basically just the people who's opinions I've gotten used to ignoring, plus a whole bunch of people wishing and hoping and thinking there is no way it could possibly be as stupid as it seems, the team just has to be smarter then they are!

The only positive of this trade is that it essentially ended the Reagins regime. May have had to endure a few more years of him running the show if not for this historically bad trade

I was thinking the other day how different things would have been if we had signed Beltre and not done the Wells deal. Reagins would have kept his job for a lot longer, for sure. We also would have been in a much better spot as of that point. But Reagins still would have f'd it up eventually. We'll never know what potential Reagins masterstrokes we missed out on.

it was arte who demanded reagins make that trade or be fired, and scioscia hating napoli forced reagins to send him off too.  it's sad reagins still gets a bad rap for a trade he was forced into by the 2 idiots running the show.

it was arte who demanded reagins make that trade or be fired, and scioscia hating napoli forced reagins to send him off too. it's sad reagins still gets a bad rap for a trade he was forced into by the 2 idiots running the show.

blaming reagins for the wells deal is as stupid as blaming dipoto for pujols and hamilton