• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Los Angeles Rams thread

Angel Oracle

Wow, steep price to pay...

Tennessee will send the top selection along with its fourth- (No. 113) and sixth-round (No. 177) picks this year to the Rams in exchange for Los Angeles' first-round pick (No. 15), two second-round selections (Nos. 43 and 45) and a third-round pick (No. 76) in 2016. The Titans also will get the Rams' first- and third-round picks in 2017.

Rams did draft 46 players in the past 5 drafts, although there were some underachievers selected.

Wentz is currently projected to be the #2 overall pick.   Titans were slated to take OL Tunsil with the #1 overall pick. 

And Wentz wouldn't be the first smaller school QB to be chosen #1 overall.

A pretty fair QB named Terry Bradshaw (Louisiana Tech) was selected 1st overall by the Steelers in 1970.  

Wentz has the strength (6-5, 230), the arm, and mobility.   Does he have the decision making skills to succeed in the NFL? 

Edited by Angel Oracle

RG3 was viewed as more of a top prospect coming out of college than Wentz.  Supposedly Cleveland was entertaining trade offers or considering Wentz at 2 so if the Rams really wanted him they had to move to 1 but it seems like a lot to pay for a guy who isn't the consensus #1 pick assuming that's who they want.    

Who knows maybe the Rams are eyeing Tunsil or Jalen Ramsey? Nothing would surprise me it's the NFL draft

No way. You don't trade that much and not grab a QB, especially when your starter is freakin Case Keenum

My issue with the deal wasn't the price but rather the fact that I don't think any of the QB's are great talents. This was a pretty weak QB class overall IMO.

No way. You don't trade that much and not grab a QB, especially when your starter is freakin Case Keenum

My issue with the deal wasn't the price but rather the fact that I don't think any of the QB's are great talents. This was a pretty weak QB class overall IMO.

Agreed.  There's no Andrew Luck, Cam Newton or Peyton Manning in this draft.  The cost to move up to 1 may be in line with what Washington and other teams paid but there's no guy on paper that's the franchise QB everyone wants.  That doesn't mean one or more of them won't pan out it's just that the rams could have stayed where they were, kept their picks and still gotten one of the top 5 or so QB's in the draft.

Carson Wentz is not Andrew Luck. I don't understand this move.

2 1st round picks

2 2nd round picks

1 3rd round pick

For

1 1st round pick(No. 1 overall)

1 4th round pick

1 6th round pick

boy, that's an expensive price to pay for someone who has all the earmarks of a star. sadly, that's not what this years draft looks like so it seems like quite a bit of overpay for someone who may or may not pan out.

i'm rooting for the rams to do well, so i hope this works out favorably. 

Goff has an insane arm but he really struggled when pressured. Doesn't seem to translate well to the NFL to me. I don't know anything about the other dude.

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?

He was pressured every second of his college career. His pocket presence and awareness is ridiculous.

In fact, today's CBSSports mock draft has the Rams taking Goff 1st overall, better pocket presence and decision making than Wentz.

S.F. just traded up to the 4th pick, and CBSSports projects them taking Wentz.

I now wonder if the Rams want Goff all along, and were concerned that the 49ers move in and get high enough to take Goff themselves.

Edited by Angel Oracle