• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

AngelsWin.com NFL Picks - Week 18 - Wild Card Weekend Playoffs

Black Beard

Let's see, 4-0 last week and 3-1 this week. Should have put my money where my mouth was.

Still bummed on the Chiefs, they would beat both of the teams that played today. I don't think it was intentional, even though Reid said it was, but read some analytics article about the clock management that arm chair QB's talk about and barring a miraculous tip from heaven the Chiefs would have had the ball with a minute left. At least they got beat fair and square and not some ref bullshit at the end or some controversy. Pats changed every aspect of what saw the Chiefs win 41-14 last year....no KC turnovers (actually lost the turnover battle as well), which is their strength, and with Houston injured and not playing much plus the adjustment of Belicheck, Brady was never under pressure.

NE has to open as favorites heading into next week and imagine CAR will be slight favorites.

Edit: Looking it up now, not sure if it's accurate as most books are not up yet, but it looks like NE -2.5 and CAR -4 as opening lines. 

3-1 both weeks.

I love how you are so confident KC would win.  Also, even the retired head coaches were saying how bad Reid's clock management was.  Your homerism it crazy some times.  Reid has been known for over a decade at being horrible at clock management.

I left as soon as the fumble happened, didn't watch the finale. Just mentioned an analytics article. Nothing homerish unless you think DEN or PITT would win, which KC beat both this season. NE is going to smoke DEN. Hell, they even open as road favorites in the AFCC...road favorites!!!!!

Home teams generally are -3 for home field advantage, so NE being favored 2.5 means they are favorites by 5.5 on a neutral field.....or significantly favored.

I thought a difference was Alex Smith's legs and being able to scramble, DEN won't have that. Plus DEN has a phenomenal D that NE can pick apart like they did to KC with the quick three step drops, quick passes.

Definitely taking NE to cover. The one thing that was wild was they still could flip the switch. They were 2-4 in their last 6 and lost two straight coming in, but that first drive showed at the end of the day it's still Belicheck and Brady. Come playoff time they just show up. KC had key guys out or not close to 80% ready, but the adjustments Belicheck made were why he is considered the best in the business. Pretty impressive game plan. I expect the same going to DEN. 

Dudes not the brightest person. I'm sure someone said the same thing about winning the national championship in college.

The lines will shift. When trying to find them I saw the DEN/PITT line moved all the way from PITT +7.5 to +4 at kickoff....a lot of people made money on that FG at the end.

Even without Brown Ben threw for over 300 yards again and was the only QB so far this year to do that against Denver's D.  Having Brown out definitely changed their game plan but I still couldn't figure out how they got some of the long plays that they did.  I credit Pitt for making those plays but there was a lot of space on some of those throws and a few times Denver put on 'how not to tackle' clinics that turned into bigger plays.

Another week and NFL fans remind me why I rarely attend games and won't likely see the Rams or whoever else ends up in SoCal play:

http://news.yahoo.com/brutality-nfl-fandom-full-display-144057669.html

I know it's mob mentality but I still laugh at the tough guys who jump in and throw punches when one guy is getting beat on.

• Chuck unpinned this topic